Clarity

• 1.  Changing Button names

Posted Nov 03, 2016 08:23 AM

Hi,

I'm wondering if it is possible to change the button name "Return Timesheet", and are the any guidelines on how this can be done?

The Swedish translation of the button is incorrect and customer has asked to correct the translation.

Customer is on 14.1.

• 2.  Re: Changing Button names
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 03, 2016 09:41 AM

If you are on-premise then I think you need to look in the "timeadmin_view_XX.properties" files in the 'resource' directory on the server. ( XX being the language code )

If you are on-demand, don't think you can do anything (other than raise a fault).

• 3.  Re: Changing Button names

Posted Nov 03, 2016 07:08 PM

Hi,

Thank you for the response.

Yes - this is a on-premise environment.  Are there any consequences of a customization like this that i have to be aware of (for example possible future problems with upgrades)?

• 4.  Re: Changing Button names

Posted Nov 04, 2016 03:56 AM

The "problem" with any customization is there may be "unexpected consequences", hence why CA regard them as unsupported - which is fair enough really.

As a general rule one should expect to have to reapply (or at least investigate whether you need to reapply) any customization after upgrade (and indeed remove any customization before upgrade).

I would think that its reasonable to expect an upgrade to redistribute the server properties files, so I personally would expect this sort of particular customization to need reapplying after upgrade (unless CA have changed the translation to your satisfaction as part of that upgrade   -  i.e. some investigation is always required!). I would suggest that any customisation is well-documented - what/why/when to remove/how to revert etc as part of the local installation's "knowledge base" - the local support team will need all this information on an ongoing basis.