Clarity

• 1.  Can't update finish date on task

Posted Nov 03, 2016 08:45 AM

Hi,

Need som assistance on updating finish date on task.

Finish date is 2016- 10-17 and resources are assigned to the task with 0 ETC. Finish date is not editable as expected.

I'm giving the resource an ETC of 1 h and save, which leads to finish date being editable.

I'm updating the finish date to 2016-10-18 and save the update. Update the ETC to 0 again and save, which leads the finish date to change back to 2016-10-17 and the attribute is not editable.

I'm most likely missing a step or configuration here. Could i get some assistance on what i'm missing to do?

/Emre

• 2.  Re: Can't update finish date on task

Posted Nov 03, 2016 09:09 AM

"I'm giving the resource an ETC of 1 h and save, which leads to finish date being editable." - This is how it should be done

NJ

• 3.  Re: Can't update finish date on task

Posted Nov 03, 2016 09:32 AM

Hi,

Thank you for the response .

Is there a possibility to keep the updated finish date after the ETC is removed?

What I'm trying to achieve is to update the finish date and have an ETC of 0, but i'm not getting this to work.

The ETC gets automatically changed back to the original finish date when ETC is removed. Is this by design?

/Emre

• 4.  Re: Can't update finish date on task

Posted Nov 03, 2016 10:41 AM

In an ideal PM scenario, how can you extend the task date without having ETC on the task ? - So, the logic is perfectly right

NJ

• 5.  Re: Can't update finish date on task

Posted Nov 03, 2016 07:28 PM

Hi,

Yes you are correct and i agree with you logic when thinking about it 

/Emre

• 6.  Re: Can't update finish date on task
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 03, 2016 11:23 AM

Hi Emre,

Can you try these set of steps:

1. Add 1 hour of ETC to one of the assignments, and Save

2. Change the Task Finish date to 10/18/2016, and Save

3. Check the box to make the task a 'Fixed Duration' task, and Save

4. Change the ETC back to 0 for the assignment, and Save

This will make the Task Finish date be read-only again, but it will keep the new date of 10/18/2016.

In order to be able to have a task with a Finish date later than the latest date that actuals were posted on (for tasks with 0 ETC remaining), the task needs to be a Fixed Duration task.

Note: If you don't have the 'Fixed Duration' checkbox configured on the Task Properties screen, you can add it to the Task list view and check the box for this task there.

I hope this helps!

Best Regards,

Maria Whiteside

• 7.  Re: Can't update finish date on task

Posted Nov 03, 2016 07:29 PM

Hi,

This solved it.

I have been able to update the finish date and have an ETC of 0 using these steps.

Thank you.