Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Build SAML Protocol Request support different binding protocol ?

Posted Nov 03, 2016 10:48 AM

Hi ALL ,

We have a external IdP Server , and I use "Build SAML Protocol Request Assertion" for authentication.

but I see the document for "Build SAML Protocol Request Assertion" only support SOAP format ,

and our external IdP only accept  the request is redirected binding , and response is post binding. that is XML format , not SOAP format , please see the following:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
    <samlp:AuthnRequest AssertionConsumerServiceURL="https://an9.***.com/sso/ac/consume" ForceAuthn="false" ID="0" IsPassive="false" IssueInstant="2016-11-03T03:30:33.343Z" ProtocolBinding="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:bindings:HTTP-POST" Version="2.0"
        xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol">
        <samlp:Issuer
            xmlns:samlp="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion">an9
        </samlp:Issuer>
        <saml2p:NameIDPolicy AllowCreate="true" Format="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:nameid-format:persistent" SPNameQualifier="Issuer"
            xmlns:saml2p="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol"/>
            <saml2p:RequestedAuthnContext Comparison="exact"
                xmlns:saml2p="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:protocol">
                <saml:AuthnContextClassRef                xmlns:saml="urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:assertion">urn:oasis:names:tc:SAML:2.0:ac:classes:PasswordProtectedTransport
                </saml:AuthnContextClassRef>
            </saml2p:RequestedAuthnContext>
        </samlp:AuthnRequest>

My Question is :

1. "Build SAML Protocol Request Assertion" can support different binding protocol , like   SAML SOAP Binding (based on SOAP 1.1) ,     Reverse SOAP (PAOS) Binding ,     HTTP Redirect Binding ,     HTTP POST Binding ,     HTTP Artifact Binding ,     SAML URI Binding?

2. how to custom saml request , like add AssertionConsumerServiceURL element ?

Please help !

• 2.  Re: Build SAML Protocol Request support different binding protocol ?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2016 07:01 PM

Jerry,

I've attached several examples for generating custom SAML Requests. The one that I believe you will be most interested with is the Shibboleth file as it has an assertion to inject the SOAP Protocol binding on line 23. 

As a note, the Siteminder example is used to send to Siteminder/SSO which will require that you request the GZIP tactical assertion from support to use properly.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

Attachment(s)