DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  Generate report showing servers/robots with less utilization of compute resources

Posted Nov 04, 2016 01:03 AM

Hi there,

Has anyone tried generating report from UMP showing robots having less resource (CPU, Memory) consumption along with the metrics in percentage?

Please let me know if someone knows the method to generate this.

Regards,

Abhijit

• 2.  Re: Generate report showing servers/robots with less utilization of compute resources

Posted Nov 07, 2016 12:15 PM

Hi Abhijit,

This doesnt sounds like something that can happen out of the box. 

Have you had a look at Unified Reporter? 

Thanks,

• 3.  Re: Generate report showing servers/robots with less utilization of compute resources

Posted Nov 08, 2016 03:09 AM

Hi Mark,

I have already checked available reports in UR  but none helped to get these specific reports.

Regards,

Abhijit

• 4.  Re: Generate report showing servers/robots with less utilization of compute resources

Posted Nov 08, 2016 03:18 AM

Abhijit,

Not sure there are any out of the box reports available which provides you with this kind of information .You might need to use UR to build one 

• 5.  Re: Generate report showing servers/robots with less utilization of compute resources

Posted Nov 08, 2016 03:41 AM

Abhijit,

Just recollected that I have run a similar report and the best way which comes to my mind is to run a Top N report from USM against a group of devices . When running a top N report you actually have an option to set a threshold for multiple metrics . 

For example you want to get a list of devices which are being under utilised in both the CPU and Memory , select both the variables in filters and set a threshold of say less than 30% .  This will give you a list of devices under utilised for over a month or a week with the QoS metrics of your choice in %

This is the easiest way to generate such report without using UR which comes to my mind. Hope this helps 

• 6.  Re: Generate report showing servers/robots with less utilization of compute resources

Posted Nov 08, 2016 04:45 AM

Thanks Phani for sharing the details. Do you know the info of column name 'Element - Average Value' shown in the Top N report.

Regards,

Abhijit

• 7.  Re: Generate report showing servers/robots with less utilization of compute resources

Posted Nov 08, 2016 05:49 AM

Well, that's a mystery for me too ..but what I understand is that 'Element - Average Value' field in TopN report reflects what we select in Metric Type drop down ...kind of sorting the values based on what we select in the Metric Type field when we have multiple metrics selected , in the above screen shot I selected CPU Usage % as Metric Type and when the report is run you would have CPU Usage and Memory Usage columns displayed  and the result is sorted in descending order based on CPU Usage values .

I think 'Element - Average Value' column name should be more meaningful to reflect what it actually is to avoid confusion 

• 8.  Re: Generate report showing servers/robots with less utilization of compute resources

Posted Nov 08, 2016 06:54 AM

Agree with you Phani on Column Names to be more meaningful in UIM reports. Thanks again for all the inputs.

Regards,

Abhijit