Layer7 API Management

• 1.  How to change settings on number of password attempts before account is locked

Posted Nov 03, 2016 11:55 PM

Hi,

My developers have been running into this issue where they kept getting their account locked and I was wondering if there is a way to disable the setting where their accounts get locked due to incorrect password.

Thanks for your help

• 2.  Re: How to change settings on number of password attempts before account is locked

Posted Nov 04, 2016 12:17 AM

Hi There,

I was wondering if this is a Gateway account that is getting locked?

As they ssh into the Gateway box?

if so - this is a pam_tally2 configuration with in the OS PAM.

/etc/pam.d/ and check the configuration files there and set the needed for your team.

Regards,

Amit.

• 3.  Re: How to change settings on number of password attempts before account is locked

Posted Nov 04, 2016 01:45 AM

Hi Amit,

Actually, this is the account for the policy manager. Sorry for not specifying it earlier on.

May i know where to change the configuration if the account is for logging into policy manager?

• 4.  Re: How to change settings on number of password attempts before account is locked
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 04, 2016 01:52 AM

Hi There,

No worries.

So you can go into the Policy Manager and there go to the "Manage Password Policy" and there you can set the policies to set for your Policy Manager users.

Now, if the users are the from the "Internal Identity Provider" - you can simply reset a user there.

Hope this helps,

Regards,

Amit.