CA Service Management

• 1.  CA Service Catalog - Adding custom Complete status

Posted Nov 04, 2016 10:13 AM

Hi all,

In CA Service Catalog I need to add a custom "Complete" status.

The goal is to visualize all requests with this status in "Complete" view (usm/wpf?Node=icguinode.catalogpastitems page)

Is it possible?

Best regards,

Sutot

• 2.  Re: CA Service Catalog - Adding custom Complete status

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2016 11:30 AM

For information about the status code customization, I can refer to the followign CA Service Management 14.1 wiki pages:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/using/request-management/request-management-using-ca-service-catalog/status-values
    And
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/building/building-ca-service-catalog/modify-the-request-status-list

An Additional question then comes up.
    What would be different for the 'complete' status in comparrison with the current 'Completed' status?

To get a 'view' for the requests with this (or any other) status,
    one suggestion could be to create a 'report builder'/'data object'('DO') query on the mdb.
    And then build a 'report builder'/'data view' based on that 'DO'.

There might perhaps be other options too.

Thanks and kind regards, Louis van Amelsfort.

• 3.  Re: CA Service Catalog - Adding custom Complete status

Posted Nov 04, 2016 11:51 AM

Hi Louis,

thank you for your answer.

The new closure status should be called "Completed - Incident Opened" and no more status changes should be allowed on request in this status. Which status code can I use in requestedshared.xml file?

About creating a report builder/data object: once 'report builder' is built, how can I publish it on 'usm/wpf?Node=icguinode.catalogpastitems' page?

Best regards,

Sutot

• 4.  Re: CA Service Catalog - Adding custom Complete status

Posted Nov 07, 2016 12:00 PM

I don't believe it is possible to add additional 'Completed' statuses however if you are just trying to change 'Completed' to 'Completed - Incident Opened' (for all requests) you can update the st_2 tags in requestshared.xml:

<st_2>Completed</st_2>

To:

<st_2>Completed - Incident Opened</st_2>