AutoSys Workload Automation

Expand all | Collapse all

We have a team that would like to be able to have a job run on a primary server but if that server is unavailable automaticly run on the backup server? anyone doing this?

• 1.  We have a team that would like to be able to have a job run on a primary server but if that server is unavailable automaticly run on the backup server? anyone doing this?

Posted Nov 04, 2016 11:48 AM

Job will run on server a most of the time.  when that server is being updated etc the programmer would like the job to be able to automatically switch over and run on server B.  Clearly these servers I mirrors of each other identical application and data different server names.  I have only ever had one server for our apps to run on in the past I couldn't find an example in my searches.  

• 2.  Re: We have a team that would like to be able to have a job run on a primary server but if that server is unavailable automaticly run on the backup server? anyone doing this?

Posted Nov 04, 2016 12:41 PM

Autosys?

use autosys virtual machine with CPU load balancing and set the factor of the secondary server to 0.01

if this isn't autosys . sorry cannot help you 

Steve C.

• 3.  Re: We have a team that would like to be able to have a job run on a primary server but if that server is unavailable automaticly run on the backup server? anyone doing this?

Posted Nov 04, 2016 12:47 PM

thanks not Autosys. 

ESP is what we are using should have mentioned that.   Workload automation.

• 4.  Re: We have a team that would like to be able to have a job run on a primary server but if that server is unavailable automaticly run on the backup server? anyone doing this?

Posted Nov 04, 2016 12:54 PM

Cluster the Agent

CJ

• 5.  Re: We have a team that would like to be able to have a job run on a primary server but if that server is unavailable automaticly run on the backup server? anyone doing this?

Posted Nov 04, 2016 01:06 PM

What is the Scheduling Manager?

• 6.  Re: We have a team that would like to be able to have a job run on a primary server but if that server is unavailable automaticly run on the backup server? anyone doing this?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 04, 2016 01:07 PM

Hi,

I'm assuming you are referring to have both agents running in cluster. This way, if the agent A is down, the job is switched to run in Agent B.

If this is correct, please refer to the agent documentation link below:

Configure Agent Aliases for Clustered Environments - CA Workload Automation Agents - 11.3 - CA Technologies Documentatio… 

Regards,

Leandro Laurenti

• 7.  Re: We have a team that would like to be able to have a job run on a primary server but if that server is unavailable automaticly run on the backup server? anyone doing this?

Posted Nov 04, 2016 02:26 PM

It's all workload automation now.  for better or worse..