Release Automation

• 1.  Allow deployment in production only if previously deployed in pre-prod

Posted Nov 07, 2016 09:49 AM

I would like to prevent a deployment plan to be deployed in production environment if the same deployment plan has not already been successfully deployed in pre-prod environment.

I think to use an approval gate tied to a process which set the approval status.

But I can't figure how check if the deployment plan has been deployed on pre-prod. Is there an action or a REST API Call to do that ?

• 2.  Re: Allow deployment in production only if previously deployed in pre-prod
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 07, 2016 10:40 AM

If you run the following REST call (Using deployment plan ID) you will get the list of all deployments created from the deployment plan , you can check the output and see if it include your pre deployment environment 

http://[RASERVER:RA_PORT]/datamanagement/a/reports/releasesReportsPage?advanced=DEPLOYPLAN_ID~[DEPLOYMENT_PLAN_ID]&filter=&orderBy=START_TIME-false&pageSize=50&pageStart=0&reportType=ALL_INCLUDE_OFFLINE

• 3.  Re: Allow deployment in production only if previously deployed in pre-prod

Posted Nov 07, 2016 10:57 AM

Thanks Jacky. Wonderfull !

• 4.  Re: Allow deployment in production only if previously deployed in pre-prod

Posted Nov 09, 2016 01:32 AM

still sad, that the deployment chain never made it to the RoC, but was used instead for the CDE

because something like that, should be build in and not require us to do a rest call in the predeployment, to check if a previous deployment succeeded, as it requires us to map again the environments and define our own set up of dependencies