Rally Software

• 1.  Custom HTML height adjustment is broken

Posted Nov 07, 2016 09:06 PM

I have some pages with custom apps containing simple Custom HTML.  Starting today (so far as I can tell), the Custom HTML app refuses to adjust the height. No amount of dragging the gripper will make it adjust.  I copied an existing page, with correctly sized Custom HTML apps, added a new Custom HTML app and pasted in the exact same HTML, and it's not allowing me to set the height.  And, I can't change the height of previously created custom HTML apps (not that I want to).

Would appreciate any suggestions for getting this to work again.

• 2.  Re: Custom HTML height adjustment is broken

Posted Nov 09, 2016 10:19 AM

Hi Cathrin, we haven't been able to reproduce this internally. Is this happening for you in all browsers? If not, I recommend clearing your browser cache in that problem browser, sounds like that might be the issue.

• 3.  Re: Custom HTML height adjustment is broken

Posted Nov 09, 2016 05:37 PM

As I was looking into this to reproduce it, and I recorded my browser actions. In the process, I saw that when I started, the Custom HTML app had an "Auto Height" checkbox.  I tried un-checking it, to see if it would make any difference, and when I edited the app settings later, the checkbox was completely gone.

I tried different browsers (Chrome and Firefox), a totally new page with unmodified custom app, clearing cache and cookies, everything I could think of.  I tried starting Firefox in safe mode. If the gripper is shown, I can grab and drag it, but it doesn't "stick".

The latest thing I tried was disabling some Labs features.  I disabled Windowed Dashboards, thinking it might have some interaction with the gripper. Magically, the gripper started working again!  I re-enabled Windowed Dashboards, just to make sure, and sure enough, the gripper stopped working.

So for now, I'm turning off Windowed Dashboards and will tell my users to do the same.  Please let me know if I should be expecting different behavior, or is this a bug in the experimental feature?

Thanks.

• 4.  Re: Custom HTML height adjustment is broken

Posted Nov 09, 2016 05:49 PM

Hi Cathrin, I just found a tidbit that might explain this behavior: 

The following text is noted in the help page documentation; https://help.rallydev.com/use_apps.

? The Auto Height setting can only be enabled when there is only one app in a dashboard or custom page column. Moving an app underneath one with the Auto Height setting enabled will deselect the option.

Additionally only the owner of a shared page can alter the settings of the page. Users of shared pages are allowed to sort, filter or change column widths of the individual apps but even those are temporary. When the page is reloaded those user specific settings revert to the default settings. Please see the following for more details on shared pages. https://help.rallydev.com/create-custom-pages#edit

So - a couple questions: 

1. Is there more than one app in the dashboard / custom page column?
    2. Are you the owner of the page or is it even a shared page?