CA Service Management

• 1.  SDM - Mail Eater (Updating an existent ticket)

Posted Nov 08, 2016 11:08 AM

Hi community!

I would like to know if there's a way to update a created ticket on SDM, via email eater.

I tried to create a new mail box rule, with the action to "Update Object", setting the "Ticket number" as a filter type "Subect contains", but it wasn't effective, since when I send a new email, with the ticket number on the subject, the SDM is understanding that he has to create a new ticket via mailEater, and not to update a previous created ticket.

There's another way to make this work?

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: SDM - Mail Eater (Updating an existent ticket)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2016 12:08 PM

I think the you would need to set the rule as "update object"...this way no new ticket created from this rule

you could place "%REQUEST_ID=12345" (where 12345 is the request/incident number) to specify the ticket number

and then use other tag/key words to update other fields

• 3.  Re: SDM - Mail Eater (Updating an existent ticket)

Posted Nov 08, 2016 01:54 PM

Hi Chi!

The problem is, that I have one rule, set as "Create/Update Object", used to create a ticket via email eater, for a especific email address domain.

When I made the creation of the rule to "Update Object", setting the filter to use the subject with the ticket number, the SDM doesn't update the ticket already created. Instead of it, a new ticket was created, and I believe that it was created via "Create/Update Object" rule.

So, the scenario is:

"Create/Update Object" rule: the ticket is created via mailEater (ticket 123, for example)

"Update Object" rule: I set the ticket 123 on subject, but instead of update the ticket, a new ticket was created.

Is there any way to deal with it?

Thanks!

• 4.  Re: SDM - Mail Eater (Updating an existent ticket)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 08, 2016 02:57 PM

Vinicius, did you try using %REQUEST_ID=123 in the email body instead of using the tag in the subject? Thanks _Chi