Service Virtualization

Expand all | Collapse all

Not able to Stage a test case

• 1.  Not able to Stage a test case

Posted Nov 09, 2016 06:05 PM

I have created a Test Case to create Authorization keys for 13k values which will write down the values in a csv file. It is a 2 step test case. Since it has to run for 13k values. I can't run in ITR. 

When I am staging this test case without suite, it isn't creating temp folder in lads directory. Also in logs it shows message:

"WARN  - Unable to delete temporary mari file

\\honts8020\Shares\WISE_SHARE_POINT\{{ProjectName}}\Tests\TestCases\_testcase_.mari"

And when I am staging it using Test Suite, it isn't updating csv file with values and in logs it shows message:

"WARN  - Unable to delete temporary mari file

\\honts8020\Shares\WISE_SHARE_POINT\{{ProjectName}}\\Tests\Suites\_suite_.mari"

Please help. it is urgent.

• 2.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2016 12:14 PM

Did you change lisa.tmpdir to a shared directory?  If so, this is not supported and it needs to be on a local disk

Logging - DevTest Solutions - 9.5 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 3.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Posted Nov 15, 2016 10:29 AM

No. It is local machine only. Project is in shared directory.

• 4.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2016 10:40 AM

Can you copy the project locally & try staging it again.

I suspect there are permission related issues with the shared directory where DevTest needs to create/delete the mari file.

• 5.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Posted Nov 16, 2016 12:39 PM

I have tried copying project in local. Still same error.

• 6.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Posted Nov 16, 2016 09:10 AM

Did you try to run test case via TestRunner Command ?

• 7.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2016 04:54 PM

I would need the entire log file from Registry, Coord and Simulator.  There should be an ERROR.  Is it able to Stage?  What happens when you click 'Play'?

This is a good issue to open a support case.

• 8.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Posted Nov 17, 2016 05:04 PM

We don't have access to registry, coord or simulator logs. When I click on 'Play' after staging it shows working fine. But where is it getting staged? I assume it will stage locally and I will be able to see all the logs and the files. Please correct me if I am wrong.

• 9.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Posted Nov 17, 2016 01:04 PM

We would need more information to help diagnose. What type of step are you using to write to the csv file? How have you specified the file location? How long does the test take to run and how are you validating that the csv file isn't being created? The LADs directory is transient and will be removed after the test ru completes - how are you capturing the csv file before the test run completes?

• 10.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Posted Nov 17, 2016 05:17 PM

I am using write property into file filter. I have tried providing the location as Lisa relative  path and local path as well.

I am checking in Lads folder.  I always see Lads folder remains in temp directory, So I assumed that I can access it from there. Correct me If I am wrong. Wat is the other way to achieve the same?

• 11.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Posted Nov 21, 2016 11:23 AM

The LADs directory is transient and we do our best to remove the temporary directory created when tests are staged. Try writing to a well know folder outside the project to verify that the properties file is created by your test.

• 12.  Re: Not able to Stage a test case

Posted Jan 24, 2019 09:44 AM

i am also facing same issue.

@ monika, did it resolve for you