CA Service Management

• 1.  Custom field Escalate To capture ESCALATED tickets.

Posted Nov 10, 2016 10:06 AM

Hi,

We need to add a custom field ESCALATE to capture all the escalated tickets in reporting from L2 to L3.

Escalated checkBox on the Detail_in form.

I have created an Column under CR table as z_escalate and added it to xfer_esc_cr.htmpl form. 

<PDM_MACRO name=dtlCheckbox hdr="Escalate" attr=z_Escalate off="" on="X" title="Escalate">

and if anyone check this box than we should be able to fetch it as active in report.

And a read only 'ESCALATE' should fetch the data and be active on detail_in form. 

Please help. 

• 2.  Re: Custom field Escalate To capture ESCALATED tickets.

Posted Nov 10, 2016 10:29 AM

Hi Asheesh,

To add custom fields to a table, you would need to use Web Screen Painter schema designer. Once the custom field is added, you would then need to add it to the appropriate forms using Web Screen Painter as well.  For reporting, you would simply add that field to your reports - not sure what reporting engine you are using.

For adding the field I would suggest doing a "boolean" field  (Yes or No / 1 or 0) as an SREL to the boolean table.  Then you would add the checkbox to the appropriate forms, and then you can report on that.

For information about using web screen painter schema designer, see this section of the documentation: 

How to Modify Schema Using Web Screen Painter - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

For adding fields to forms, see this section:

How to Modify the Web Interface using Web Screen Painter - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Thanks, 

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Custom field Escalate To capture ESCALATED tickets.

Posted Nov 10, 2016 04:41 PM

Hi Jon, 

Thanks for the advice I used WSP and added the column as Integer now I have converted it to Boolean. 

I have added it but its not fetching data from the form.

1, When we check the checkbox on the Escalate option under the Activities> Escalate it does not do any thing but if I add the same check box on the detail.in form it takes the data. I need to check the check box on xfer_esc_cr.htmpl using z_Escalate (CheckBox) and it should reflect on the details_in form as Escalate = YES. 

2, Once a ticket is escalated the option should be grayed out. So that no one can make any changes. 

Thanks 

Asheesh

• 4.  Re: Custom field Escalate To capture ESCALATED tickets.

Posted Nov 10, 2016 04:43 PM

Update Incident - Service Desk Manager

Invalid attribute name: 'z_Escalate' provided for Escalated lookup

• 5.  Re: Custom field Escalate To capture ESCALATED tickets.

Posted Nov 10, 2016 05:35 PM

Hi Jon, 

It worked  

I forgot the Publish the schema change... Thanks for adding the URL how to modify. 

Now only 1 question left how to make it non editable once its checked. 

• 6.  Re: Custom field Escalate To capture ESCALATED tickets.

Posted Nov 15, 2016 08:42 AM

Hi Jon, 

I started getting this error :   - Service Desk Manager

Escalate Incident  - Service Desk Manager

AHD03121:Required Affected Service is missing. Please populate the Affected Service field.

• 7.  Re: Custom field Escalate To capture ESCALATED tickets.

Posted Nov 15, 2016 10:29 AM

Hi Asheesh,

As we found on our webex today, you had the escalate field set to "required" at the schema level, and because of that, the edit-in-list would not allow you to save incident records that were missing a value for the field. To fix that, we unchecked the "required" field, then re-published the schema using pdm_publish which removed the requirement on that field. After doing so, we are able to use the edit-in-list to save those incidents that had the error previously.

You then showed me another error that you had when attempting to use the activities > escalate form to escalate an incident, and it threw an error regarding another required attribute, that being "Affected Service". When looking at the incident itself, sure enough we found that the field was required, and was blank. Once filled in, and the incident saved, we are able to use the escalate form to make changes and escalate the incident without a problem.

Lastly, you asked about adding a field next to the escalate field on the detail_in form, which would specify the "escalation reason", and you would like that to be a dropdown field. As I mentioned, I can give you a high level set of steps for this, however, from a support standpoint, we wont be able to assist you on every requirement as that would require a paid ca services engagement. SO as a one-time thing, I can give you a basic set of steps for what you are looking to do here. Here are those steps:
    1. you need to first create a new table called z_escalation_reason, and add a "sym" column to it to store the name of the values (the id field will be created automatically) - you will need to display the sym column to show the name of the value rather than the id.
    2. then on the incident object (table), you need to add a new column called z_escl_reason, which will be an SREL to the z_escalation_reason table that you created in step 1.
    3. then add a dropdown field to the proper forms where you want to show the list of escalation reasons to choose from

That should give you what you need.
    With that, I will go ahead and close out the case for you at this time.

Thanks,
    Jon I.

• 8.  Re: Custom field Escalate To capture ESCALATED tickets.

Posted Nov 10, 2016 12:07 PM

I noticed that you created the attribute with name z_escalate but referenced it in the form as z_Escalate.