DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  Agent causing failure with CAS application

Posted Nov 11, 2016 07:46 AM

Hello guys,

We have the following situation here:

When we activate agent 9.5.5.0. one of our application stops to communicate with anothers.
    This application is used to authorize the users of the other applications, it’s a single-sign-on application. That application is a customization of CAS by JASIG (https://wiki.jasig.org/display/CAS/Home), the customization lies in the user of our templates and the user of specific providers to authenticate.
    This application verifies if the user is authorized to access the application and the sends a ticket to the application that requested the validation.
    With CA wily activated this ticket is not send, or the application don’t get the ticket which result in the user not being authorized.
    The username and password are correct, the CAS application authenticate it, but the application doesn’t.
    We have this problem when we are using webservices that are available in the scope of the application, that is, it is necessary to be authenticated to access the webservice.
    When using the login page of the application with the same username/password the application allows the user to use it…
    Both CAS and the application are deployed on GlassFish Server Open Source Edition 3.1.2.2 (build 5) java -version
    java version "1.7.0_72"
    Java(TM) SE Runtime Environment (build 1.7.0_72-b14)
    Java HotSpot(TM) Server VM (build 24.72-b04, mixed mode)
    and on the same JVM.
    The applications uses CDI

Someone have some info about this?

Regards,

Fernando

• 2.  Re: Agent causing failure with CAS application
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2016 08:35 AM

Probably need some folks from CSO to respond, but I think you'll have to upgrade your agent to 9.7 to get Java 7 support.

• 3.  Re: Agent causing failure with CAS application

Posted Nov 11, 2016 08:46 AM

What do you mean with "need some folks from CSO to respond"?

• 4.  Re: Agent causing failure with CAS application

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2016 08:56 AM

CSO = CA Support Online.

The HelpDesk team you talk to when you have an issue with CA software/hardware.

• 5.  Re: Agent causing failure with CAS application

Posted Nov 11, 2016 09:02 AM

I will update the agent to 10.3 and test again. If fails i will contact CSO.

Thanks

• 6.  Re: Agent causing failure with CAS application

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2016 09:05 AM

What I meant was that someone from that team may need to respond your original question and verify if my response is correct that 9.5.5.0 agents do not officially support Java 7.

• 7.  Re: Agent causing failure with CAS application

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 11, 2016 09:26 AM

Since the basic question is answered and the next step is agent upgrade. Marking as answered