DX NetOps

• 1.  Reachability and ICMP

Posted Nov 12, 2016 09:12 PM

Is there a way to create a report where we only show the devices that are not reachable? For example, We created a NetVoyant view with an expression of (Reachability = 0). In PM it looks like there is no vendor certification for ICMP so I can edit the XML expression to do the same thing. Are there any other ways to accomplish this in PM?

• 2.  Re: Reachability and ICMP

Posted Nov 13, 2016 04:37 PM

Found the ICMPReachability certification on the DA file system. Why is it not exposed in REST?

• 3.  Re: Reachability and ICMP

Posted Nov 13, 2016 06:22 PM

Hey Mitch,

You could use the querybuilder and create a RIB query such as the one below. You can then export the results to CSV and open in excel for editing where you can extract/filter the values you want.

• 4.  Re: Reachability and ICMP

Posted Nov 14, 2016 01:26 PM

Marlos

Thanks for this information. I tried this and it is great for exporting the data to another party who can message the data. I also tried creating a browser view in CA PC and used the URL. However, the view is not very pretty. I thought he HTML output would be like the output in the odata query builder page. But in a browser view it just showed unformatted text.

• 5.  Re: Reachability and ICMP

Posted Nov 13, 2016 07:55 PM

The intent is to provide this information directly from CA PC to our customer. We will have approximately 50 groups to display in this dashboard with devices that are down ONLY. We currently do this today in NetQOS/NV/NPC. It would not be feasible to manually extract this data using the query builder. I could probably write external code and scripts to export this out to another tool, but it would be nice to have in PM directly.

• 6.  Re: Reachability and ICMP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 14, 2016 12:55 PM

Looking in my lab.  The backing vendor cert for reachability is ICMP.  You could them create a dynamic trend view dashboard against reachability to show the status of reachability

• 7.  Re: Reachability and ICMP

Posted Nov 14, 2016 01:23 PM

Hey Joe,

Can I get devices that are only not reachable using this method?

• 8.  Re: Reachability and ICMP
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2016 11:41 AM

Hi Mitch:

There is no way I can see to get a view that just shows "not reachable"  This would be an enhancement

Joe

• 9.  Re: Reachability and ICMP

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2016 03:58 PM

We believable this has been answered - please let us know if that is incorrect.