Clarity

• 1.  ACWP calculation

Posted Nov 14, 2016 08:18 AM

Hello All,

We are facing some issues with ACWP calculation at assignment level.  We are using labor cost and have maintained rate matrix for resources role and department.

Issue is that, for same resource 

- for one task he has filled 7 hours, 0.00 ACWP is shown

- whereas same project other task, he has filled 5 hours then ACWP is shown. Though the value does not match with the calculation like its rate 151.3 * 5 = 756.5 but shows 453.90.

Kindly, let me know the calculation behind ACWP and how for same resource, the ACWP is shown for one task and not for other. 

Thanks,

Pragya SIngh

• 2.  Re: ACWP calculation

Posted Nov 14, 2016 08:39 AM

CA Clarity Tuesday Tip: ACWP affected by Project As Of Date

https://communities.ca.com/message/241730058 

NJ

• 3.  Re: ACWP calculation

Posted Nov 14, 2016 08:43 AM

Hello Navjot,

I have checked all previous community posts. The As of date is also null for this project so it should be taking current date.

Thanks,

Pragya Singh

• 4.  Re: ACWP calculation

Posted Nov 18, 2016 04:07 PM

Hi PragyaSingh

ACWP displays the system-calculated value of Actual Cost of Work Performed (ACWP). This value is the total direct cost (based on posted actuals) that is incurred in performing work during a specified period. The cost calculation includes all actuals posted up until the as-of date or the system date (if no as-of date is provided). ACWP is calculated at the following levels:
    Assignment:
    Actual cost is calculated as part of the posting process for actuals that are based on the financial cost matrix.
    Detail-task
      ACWP = Sum of Actual Cost for all the assignments on the task
    Summary-task
      ACWP = Sum of ACWP for all detail tasks in project
    Project
      ACWP = Sum of ACWP for all summary tasks in project

So as navzjoshi00 said my first point would have been also to see the As of date. You mentioned that it is already blank. Then just check if Actuals are posted for both the tasks or not. Are the Rates defined properly so that Actual Costs can be calculated for both of them? These are the things to check, I would say. 

Thanks,

Abhisek Dhar

• 5.  Re: ACWP calculation
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 22, 2016 04:35 AM

Thanks Abhisek for the information.

The ACWP for the projects went wrong as, at the time of actuals posting, the rates were not present in the Clarity for those resources. Later, when rates were added, the update earned value jobs did not picked up  these values/actuals for calculation.

CA support has provided us utility to update project wise ACWP values. 

Thanks,

Pragya Singh