Test Data Manager

• 1.  GTREP Connectivity Error

Posted Nov 14, 2016 11:01 AM
    Unable to Connect to GT Repository from DataMaker as well as external tools like Oracle Developer, SQLPLUS, etc.

Getting below error.  ORA-12514: TNS:listener does not currently know of service requested in connect descriptor  All CA and Oracle Services are up and running fine.

I have raised a ticket with CA, but just wanted to check if anyone aware how this can be fixed.

• 2.  Re: GTREP Connectivity Error
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 14, 2016 11:10 AM

Hi Srinivas, 

I do not see a CA Support ticket open for this issue. What is the ticket number?

This error message can be resolved internally by your DBA and is most likely not a product issue. 

Cause:
    The listener received a request to establish a connection to a database or other service. The connect descriptor received by the listener specified a service name for a service (usually a database service) that either has not yet dynamically registered with the listener or has not been statically configured for the listener. This may be a temporary condition such as after the listener has started, but before the database instance has registered with the listener.
    Resolutions:

- Wait a moment and try to connect a second time.

- Check which services are currently known by the listener by executing: lsnrctl services <listener name>

- Check that the SERVICE_NAME parameter in the connect descriptor of the net service name used specifies a service known by the listener.

- If an easy connect naming connect identifier was used, check that the service name specified is a service known by the listener.

- Check for an event in the listener.log file.

Please review the following documents with your DBA in order to investigate the cause and find a solution:

https://docs.oracle.com/cd/B19306_01/server.102/b14219/net12500.htm 

http://dba-oracle.com/t_ora_12514_tns_listener_does_not_currently_know_service_requested.htm  

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: GTREP Connectivity Error

Posted Nov 14, 2016 11:18 AM

Hi Taylor,

The ticket id is 00604366.

I am also checking with the DBAs and will have a look at the doscumenst shared by you as well.

Thanks!