CA Service Management

Expand all | Collapse all

Attachments of Archived Tickets

rkalidh87

rkalidh87Nov 16, 2016 04:51 AM

• 1.  Attachments of Archived Tickets

Posted Nov 15, 2016 06:23 AM

Hi,

Is there any option to find attachments of archive/purged tickets in CASDM 14. 1 AA setup.

I followed this doc to extract data TEC531305, but unable to find with status " archived"

even in mdb database i looked for this status in attmnt table but no luck.(
    NULL
    EMBD_LINK
    INSTALLED
    LINK_ONLY
    NOTAVAILABLE
    NOTINSTALLED
    undefined). only these status available in table.  please help to find archived/purged ticket attachments.

• 2.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Posted Nov 16, 2016 04:51 AM

please help on this.

• 3.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Posted Nov 16, 2016 09:31 PM

Misread your question, sorry - after looking at TEC531305 it's clear that you're trying to follow an established process.  If that process isn't working I'd suggest you call in Tech Support.

Regards,

James

• 4.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2016 02:59 AM

Hi rkalidh87,

I archived and purged tickets on my test box with r14.1 and found that once tickets are archived, the attachment data also moved from Attachment table to a specified Archive File. If you look at the archive file, you would be able to see the Attachment table information as well as Call_Req table data, and it shows "ARCHIVED" as a status.

In order to restore the archived tickets and associated Activity logs and attachments, you need to run:

pdm_load -f archive_file_name

Then follow the steps of TEC531305 to change the status of the attachment file, and move the physical file back from attachment archive folder to the original attachment repository folder.

Hope the above helps.

Kaori

• 5.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Posted Nov 17, 2016 04:14 AM

Hi,

Thanks for update. But am unable to see archive status in attachment table.

My requirement is to identify physical files of archived tickets and move

it from one server to other.

On 17-Nov-2016 1:30 pm, "Kaori_K" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 6.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2016 08:45 PM

Hi rkalidh87,

When tickets are archived and purged, targeted tickets and associated Activity Logs and Attachments are archived/purged if it is set up. You can configure whether or not, you archive/purge attachments in each Repository setting as per the technical document TEC591284. Once the attachments are archived, the physical files will be moved to a folder specified in 'Archive Path' field. Could you check if the file you are looking for is stored in the attachment archive folder?

Also, can you see the file name you are looking for in the Attachment table regardless the attachment status? Did you already restore the archived ticket?

Thank you,

Kaori

• 7.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Posted Dec 02, 2016 12:23 PM

Hi,

In Administration -> attachemments Library ->  attachments , There will be column called " Attached To" which holds status like 'Unlinked" for some attachments.

please help to  get that column name in Database, which will help me to identify attachments archived and purged.

• 8.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2016 03:21 AM

Hi Sheik,

The relationships between attachments and requests/insidents/problems are stored on the table named "usp_lrel_attachments_requests". Please refer to the 14.1 manual for more information.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/reference/ca-service-desk-manager-reference-commands/data-element-dictionary/attachment#Attachment-usp_lrel_attachments_requestsTable

Kind regards,

Kaori

• 9.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Posted Dec 08, 2016 08:43 AM

Hi,

Thanks for update, I have developed query and am able to get " Unlinked attachments" details.

But problem here is, when i physically move the file from repository server to another server, entry in DB is not deleted and still am able to search that document in CASDM.  Below is screen shot. Do we need to perform any other steps post movement to exactly find the physically available attachments.

• 10.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 08, 2016 07:59 PM

Hi Sheik,

If you right click on the name of the attachment you would like to delete, you can see the menu "Delete" as shown below.

Have you tried to delete it from the context menu?

Kind regards,

Kaori

• 11.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2016 01:03 AM

Hi Sheik,

Did you solve the attachment problem?

Kind regards,

Kaori

• 12.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Posted Dec 14, 2016 01:05 AM

Hi,

Thanks. Am able to get archived attachments. Thanks a lot for help!!!.

On 14-Dec-2016 11:33 am, "Kaori_K" <communityadmin@communities-mail.ca.com>

• 13.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 14, 2016 01:13 AM

No problem :-)

Kaori

• 14.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 03:06 AM

Hi Sheik,

Have you found your archived attachemnts?

Kind regards,

Kaori

• 15.  Re: Attachments of Archived Tickets

Posted Nov 30, 2016 05:36 AM

Hi,

am unable to get it , as there are some environmental issues.  will keep you posted.