Clarity

• 1.  Data Warehouse Server Credentials Query

Posted Nov 15, 2016 08:05 AM

I am trying to configure the DWH and Jaspersoft in a test 15-1 environment.

For the DWH I have created the login, applied the various permissions and created the DBLINK. The DBLINK command completed successfully and when I run 

SELECT count(1) FROM PPMDBLINK.niku.niku.srm_resources

data is being returned, so I assume it's all good.

But when I come to the part where I have to enter the data warehouse details in the CSA I'm a bit confused.

I've filled in the necessary fields and left the Custom Database Link checkbox unticked.

When I click Save however, nothing happens. I tried logging off the CSA and going back in but none of my changes had saved.

• 2.  Re: Data Warehouse Server Credentials Query

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2016 02:13 PM

Hi Colin

I assume by what you said that you don't have an explicit error message. Can you please try saving the link in another browser and see if it works? See if you have 'Error on page' in the browser of any error in nsa-ca.log.
    If you don't, try setting the link name in the properties.xml, then restart the services and see if that works to save your details.

If you add the database details and the page just spins and never comes back, then you may have a connection issue with the DWH database.

Hope this helps -Nika

• 3.  Re: Data Warehouse Server Credentials Query

Posted Nov 16, 2016 09:31 AM

Hi Nika,

yes it certainly was a strange one. I was using IE11 and when I entered the details in the DWH tab in the CSA and clicked Save, nothing was happening. I hard-coded the details as you suggested in the properties.xml and restarted services.

Then I completed the Jaspersoft installation and when I saved the DWH and Jaspersoft options in the CSA this time, they are now showing as Healthy and Available.

I was also able to verify the jaspersoft installation by going to http://reportserver:8080/reportservice, logged in using superuser credentials and set my Organisation name etc.

Then I generated and configured the keystore.

I have installed PMO and am now going to install the PMO Jaspersoft Advanced Reporting content.

Thanks again for your helpful advice - much appreciated as always.