CA Service Management

• 1.  Knowledge document template

Posted Nov 15, 2016 02:08 AM

I have been trying to create customized knowledge document templates for our org requirement. There are few fields which do not populate the data they contain in the column. To name some Notes, document version, last modified by etc., all these fields did not give me the data what they are holding in DB. Knowledge documents created using the templates which have these fields gave me field name itself (TAG_NOTES). Is there any way to have the data in these fields populated in KB docs.

• 2.  Re: Knowledge document template

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 15, 2016 07:39 PM

Hi Rajagopal

I suppose it is better for you to update the detail how you coded as your customization. From your question, I think it is hard for guys who have enough customization skills to understand about your trying. I recommend you will update more detail how you tried about the customization.

Best regards, Kosei

• 3.  Re: Knowledge document template

Posted Nov 21, 2016 02:05 AM

Hi Kosei, 

I have used html and css to create the template. I have attached the screen shots of template and the result when the template is used for a knowledge document.  Knowledge template

Under General information, I have tried to display some fields which are marked in rectangular box. But these does not populate the values as the other fields does in user view. These fields are from DB, and they contain value/data. I hope this helps to understand the issue.

Knowledge Document

• 4.  Re: Knowledge document template

Posted Nov 23, 2016 07:15 PM
    1. Copy the file kt_document_template.htmpl from $NX_ROOT\bopcfg\www\htmpl\default to $NX_ROOT\site\mods\www\htmpl\default
    2. Edit the copied file
      1. Search for the text "substitute values in template"
      2. Below that there are lines that define the source for the contents of each tag
      3. You will need to add two lines for each new tag, for example
        var arrDocument = sDocument.split("{TAG_LAST_MOD_BY}");
        sDocument = arrDocument.join(('<PDM_FMT KEEPTAGS=YES ESC_STYLE=C>$args.last_mod_by.combo_name</PDM_FMT>'));

Don't forget to do a pdm_webcache after you save the file.