Release Automation

• 1.  CA RA How to trace user information? e.g Who has created a particular action or flow or component?

Posted Nov 16, 2016 04:17 PM

As we have multiple users access to design work, how can we trace back user information who has designed a particular action or flow or token?

• 2.  Re: CA RA How to trace user information? e.g Who has created a particular action or flow or component?

Posted Nov 17, 2016 01:17 AM

as far as I know:

I don't think this is possible, unless there is something in the database, but I don't think so

the only way to kinda track this at the moment,  is when using shared components and every single change of one person gets to be branch

• 3.  Re: CA RA How to trace user information? e.g Who has created a particular action or flow or component?

Posted Nov 17, 2016 04:52 AM

Yes it possible but you have to enable the auditing feature in RA but this implies more disk space consumption for the RA DB. Look at the online documentation for details: Manage System Settings - CA Release Automation - 6.2 - CA Technologies Documentation 

• 4.  Re: CA RA How to trace user information? e.g Who has created a particular action or flow or component?
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2016 05:15 AM

Hi,

I think with enabled audit design enabled (Login to ASAP-> system Settings - Audit Design changes=true) you must be able to see the changes been made to design components in ROC. For example a simple Audit history report on ROC dashboard will show which user is modifying which design components.

However, not sure if you are trying to achieve an association of each work-item with its originator but to an extent above must be able to help you with same, the other extension can be by segregating the permission but that come more on application level and not beneath it.

Regards,

Saurabh

• 5.  Re: CA RA How to trace user information? e.g Who has created a particular action or flow or component?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2016 12:08 PM

Also, if you feel the above mentioned user logging functionality could be improved, please create an Idea here in the  Communities and let us know.

There are a few Ideas floating around here already that, while they aren't the exact same request as yours, they do relate.  Might be worth your vote:

Action/Event Logging - Capture Username 

List and manage user sessions 

• 6.  Re: CA RA How to trace user information? e.g Who has created a particular action or flow or component?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2016 03:29 AM

Hi

Did the answers ,answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards

Dirk

• 7.  Re: CA RA How to trace user information? e.g Who has created a particular action or flow or component?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 24, 2016 03:50 AM

Hi,

I am marking answer above as correct.

Let us know if you have any concern or issue.

Thanks,

Saurabh