• 1.  CA RA 5.0.2 -> 6.1 Upgrade

Posted Nov 17, 2016 04:23 AM

Hi all!

I'm trying to run an upgrade from RA 5.0.2 to 6.1. What I've done:

1. production db dump into a new db

2. new 6.1 standalone server installation --> makes the upgrade

3. log analysis

4. server restart

The server starts and I'm able to access he ROC but I'm unable to access the login view.

The only errors (debug mode) I can find are in the nolio_dm_all.log and occur during the server start.

A few because of missing Action Pack jars (e.g ERROR (ActionPackConsole:418) - Action package {name='sqljet', fileName='sqljet-1.1.8.jar', packVersion='1.1.8'} is missing from the repository.)

and 2 because of unique contraint issues (all of the point to table ACL_ENTRY)

org.springframework.beans.factory.BeanCreationException: Error creating bean with name 'appStructureService': Invocation of init method failed; nested exception is org.hibernate.exception.ConstraintViolationException: ORA-00001: unique constraint (RA.SYS_C0039677) violated   --> the index points to the table ACL_ENTRY

Error creating bean with name 'parametersService' ORA-00001: unique constraint (RA.SYS_C0039677) violated

Any ideas how to resolve these issues

Kind regards,

Adam

• 2.  Re: CA RA 5.0.2 -> 6.1 Upgrade
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2016 12:41 PM

I need to make sure I understand your steps (1) and (2) properly -- Did it break down like this?

(1) Dump 5.0.2 prod DB into new DB.

(2) New, clean 6.1 install.

(3) Upgrade 6.1 to 6.2.

Is that correct?  If so, that won't work -- you'd need your test environment to be running 5.0.2 to start with, else software version installed won't match the version the DB says is installed.  So you'd need to install the exact same same 5.0.2 + any cumulative patches from prod, then upgrade that to 6.1, then again to 6.2.

• 3.  Re: CA RA 5.0.2 -> 6.1 Upgrade

Posted Nov 18, 2016 05:29 AM

Hello James

Thanks for the response. This makes sense. I'll made a new attempt and install the 5.0.2 + cumulative patches before the Upgrade.

The log entry was looking fine, even without previously installed 5.0.2.

INFO  (com.nolio.platform.server.dataservices.services.upgrade.UpgradeDBServiceImpl:508)   Previous is [5.0.2.231], current version is [6.1.0.852] - starting upgrade...

Kind regards

Adam

• 4.  Re: CA RA 5.0.2 -> 6.1 Upgrade

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 23, 2016 03:26 AM

Hi Adam

Did the answer from James answered your question? If it did please mark it as the right answer.
    When your question is not answered or you still have additional questions please let us know.

With Kind Regards