DX Application Performance Management

• 1.  ERROR Error: Error with message key "errors.parentServiceInProgress" occurred. No message found for this key.

Posted Nov 16, 2016 03:41 PM

I am getting this error when I try to start the Transaction Discovery Collection Service. What is missing or not configured correctly?

Thx,

Kellie

• 2.  Re: ERROR Error: Error with message key "errors.parentServiceInProgress" occurred. No message found for this key.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2016 03:59 PM

Marking as question

• 3.  Re: ERROR Error: Error with message key "errors.parentServiceInProgress" occurred. No message found for this key.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2016 04:02 PM

Is this the RTTM In Progress issue? Two KBs are on that

Fix is usually

1) Delete all TIMs through CEM UI
    2) Shutdown all \EMs in the cluster (MOM and all Collectors)
    3) Execute
    > delete from ts_entity;
    > commit;
    4) Restart all \EMs in this order:
    1. MOM
    2. Collector which customer is planning to use for TCS (this step will assign TCS to this Collector automatically)
    3. All other \EMs
    5) Re-add and enable only ONE TIM
    6) Double-check if TCS is assigned to Collector which customer is planning to use, if not assign TCS to this Collector
    7) Make sure that TCS and RTTM service is working at this point
    8) Add other 2 \TIMs (do NOT re-assign TCS to different Collector at this point) 1) Delete all TIMs through CEM UI
    2) Shutdown all \EMs in the cluster (MOM and all Collectors)
    3) Execute
    > delete from ts_entity;
    > commit;
    4) Restart all \EMs in this order:
    1. MOM
    2. Collector which customer is planning to use for TCS (this step will assign TCS to this Collector automatically)
    3. All other \EMs
    5) Re-add and enable only ONE TIM
    6) Double-check if TCS is assigned to Collector which customer is planning to use, if not assign TCS to this Collector
    7) Make sure that TCS and RTTM service is working at this point
    8) Add other 2 \TIMs (do NOT re-assign TCS to different Collector at this point)

• 4.  Re: ERROR Error: Error with message key "errors.parentServiceInProgress" occurred. No message found for this key.

Posted Nov 16, 2016 04:33 PM

This could be the RTTM In Progress issue, since I did notice that message during all my attempts to resolve the issue. I wasn't aware this was a known issue. This is for me something I'm experiencing after a recent server patching cycle.

I have a question on your suggested fix Hal. You write restart all the EM's in this order, MOM then Collectors. I was instructed to always start them in the reverse order? Is this order only for fixing the issue or should I be using it for any and all recycling of the APM?

I will try your recommendation and update.

Thank you,

Kellie

• 5.  Re: ERROR Error: Error with message key "errors.parentServiceInProgress" occurred. No message found for this key.
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 16, 2016 05:12 PM

This is what happen when you have so little time to respond. You are correct Kellie, Collectors then MOM

Some links 

Knowledge Base Articles 

Issue: RTTM Collection Service IN Progress 

Knowledge Base Articles 

Knowledge Base Articles 

Hope that helps

• 6.  Re: ERROR Error: Error with message key "errors.parentServiceInProgress" occurred. No message found for this key.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2016 09:55 AM

Hi Kellie:

I looked at the 3 previous hits on this. Most involved RTTM or Transaction Discovery buttons being grayed out, not started or In Progress. The Knowledge Docs that I recommended above should solve the issue. Marking as answered since I saw no additional items. Please let us know either way how it worked

Thanks

Hal German

• 7.  Re: ERROR Error: Error with message key "errors.parentServiceInProgress" occurred. No message found for this key.

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2016 10:21 AM

Hello Kellie, This KB article could be helpful too.

"The RTTM Service will not start. Instead, it appears to be stuck and the Status is "IN PROGRESS". What should I do to get the Service started?" Knowledge Base Articles