AutoSys Workload Automation

• 1.  Scheduler lost connection to WCC

Posted Nov 16, 2016 06:43 PM

Hello,

I am running v11.3.6 of the scheduler and after I loaded a large JIL, the connection to the WCC was broken. Errors in CA-wcc.log are jva/java related and not very useful. If anyone has experienced this any thoughts/direction are greatly appreciated. Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Scheduler lost connection to WCC

Posted Nov 17, 2016 02:44 AM

Hi Jason

I might be due to several reasons and I would suggest to open a ticket with CA support.

To speed up case resolution, please attach to the case the following documentation

- From your Autosys Server, the output of "autoflags -a "  and the as_server.$AUTOSERV  logs

- You can also upload the event_demon log file to ensure there is also nothing wrong with the scheduler.

- From your WCC Server, the output of uejmver.bat for Windows or uejmver.sh for Unix/linux

- All the WCC logs from the log directory ( including logs from the ../log/application/* directory)

Regards

Jean Paul

• 3.  Re: Scheduler lost connection to WCC

Posted Nov 17, 2016 02:57 AM

Hi Jason

From the documentation attached to the case, there is a connectivity issue where the Application Server is not reachable

CAUAJM_E_10527 Timed out waiting for response from the CA WAAE Application Server.

It can be due to

- the application server slow or stuck ( check if a simple autorep command works fine)

- dns/ip addresses not resolved between WCC and the Application Server

- Something has changed in your SSA configuration

- Check also if any firewall rule is able to block physical port 7163 (both directions) between WCC and Autosys

- port 7163 can be easily checked by running a telnet command from WCC to Autosys on port 7163, then reverse the test between Autosys and WCC

I am not going to copy/paste more details in this thread because it involves your host names 

I'll just post the resolution when fixed

Regards

Jean Paul

• 4.  Re: Scheduler lost connection to WCC
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 18, 2016 02:57 AM

Hi Jason

For the record, just updating this thread with a few steps which helped to find out the root cause of the problem:

- No issue with firewalls because "telnet <machine> 7163 " worked fine both directions

- No issue with SSA settings because the SSL and Pmux options were the same on both machines when running:

csamconfigedit port=9000 display

csamconfigedit portrange=49152-50176 display

(WCC was communicating with the Application Server on virtual port 9000 ( Per your settings ))

- Finally, by comparing the Encryption defined in the $AUTOUSER/config.$AUTOSERV and the Encryption type defined in the WCC configuration Tab, you found a mismatch and corrected the problem

Regards

Jean Paul

• 5.  Re: Scheduler lost connection to WCC