CA Service Management

• 1.  Could not resolve style(s): error when try to run Out of Box CASDM reports

Posted Nov 17, 2016 11:08 AM

I am in Jasperserver 6.2 and CASDM 14.1. Deployed out of box CASDM reports and followed all the steps as per documentation. When I try to run 'user authentication for SDM' report, I see this error -> Could not resolve style(s): RefreshTime, GeneratedBy, Report_Page_Header. The input control SAVE was success here.

After that, tried to run couple of reports from Incident reports and Request reports, reported similar errors like below - 

Could not resolve style(s): TableHeader-Frame, TableHeader, Report_Page_Header, GroupHeader1-Frame, DetailFrame, RefreshTime, DetailText, ColumnHeader-Frame.

Could not resolve style(s): TableHeader, Report_Page_Header, ColumnHeader-Text, RefreshTime, DetailText, NoDataFound. 

Can you someone help why these errors and how to fix them. I tried these on both Chrome and IE 11.0.

Thanks!

• 2.  Re: Could not resolve style(s): error when try to run Out of Box CASDM reports

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 17, 2016 12:52 PM

Does this error occur on all the OOTB Jasper reports or just this specific one?

• 3.  Re: Could not resolve style(s): error when try to run Out of Box CASDM reports

Posted Nov 17, 2016 12:56 PM

Yes, except the Change Order reports. Thanks!

• 4.  Re: Could not resolve style(s): error when try to run Out of Box CASDM reports
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 17, 2016 03:49 PM

Hi Laxma,

I believe this problem is caused by the importing of CA Service Management product specific content packages in a certain order.  There is a note about this in the documentation as follows:

Important! The order in which you import the content of multiple products is important. If you are using CABI JasperReports® Server r.6.2.0 for CA Service Desk Manager, CA Service Catalog, and / or CA IT Asset Management, you need to import the product specific content in the following order: CA IT Asset Manager, CA Service Catalog, CA Service Desk Manager. If you fail to follow the order, you will encounter errors when executing the CA Service Desk Manager reports. For more information about this known issue, see Reporting with CABI JasperReports® Server r6.2.0 for CA Service Management.

The note can be found on this page:

Configure CABI JasperReports® Server r6.2.0 for CA Service Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies D… 

That said, I am guessing that you imported the the CA IT Asset Manager or CA Service Catalog content AFTER importing the CA Service Desk Manager content.  If so, then what you need to do is redo the import of the content - first doing the IT Asset Manager content, then CA Service Catalog, and then lastly, CA Service Desk Manager.  

This should correct the issue for you.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 5.  Re: Could not resolve style(s): error when try to run Out of Box CASDM reports

Posted Nov 17, 2016 04:05 PM

Thank you Jon!

Yes, that's the exact order I followed, which documented here - Configure CABI JasperReports® Server r6.2.0 for CA Service Management - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies D… 

But yes, i will import them in the mentioned order again and update here how it goes. 

Thanks,

Laxma

• 6.  Re: Could not resolve style(s): error when try to run Out of Box CASDM reports

Posted Nov 18, 2016 10:25 AM

Hi Jon,

Reimport the reports seems resolved the issue. But, I required to restart tomcat and clear browser cache, then everything is going fine now. Thank you!