CA Service Management

• 1.  SLA Violation for response time

Posted Nov 18, 2016 12:11 AM

We want to attach an event with the priority 5 tickets such that if the response time is is more than 8 hours , the SLA should get violated . 

We used the condition :

Req. Status <> Acknowledged

But with this , the event doesnt stop even if the analyst acknowledges the ticket .

Kindly help and suggest what the condition should be.

• 2.  Re: SLA Violation for response time

Posted Nov 18, 2016 02:00 AM

Hi,

as I know using out-of-the-box functionality you can only set Acknowledged status to stop all attached events, in options: Stop Service Type Events and Targets? > YES

Other way is to use spel customization where you can stop/start specified attached events based on current status or other conditions.

Regards,

cdtj

• 3.  Re: SLA Violation for response time

Posted Nov 18, 2016 04:49 AM

Can you share some screenshots showing how you configured this?  Your condition will have to be something other than just 'Status <> Acknowledged', because by the time your event fires, the status may have moved on to something like 'In Progress' which may be perfectly valid.  To check whether the ticket has, at some time in the past but prior to the SLA threshold, had the status 'Acknowledged', requires a different approach.  I would be inclined to use one of the 'spare' fields (flag1, for example) and in the 'Update Status' activity set that flag if the status becomes 'Acknowledged'. Then test 'flag1' in your SLA event.  Or, as cdtj suggests, find and cancel the SLA event when the status becomes Acknowledged.  I can share some code to do that, but that's a task for tomorrow.

Hope that helps...

Regards,

James

• 4.  Re: SLA Violation for response time

Posted Sep 27, 2017 02:11 AM

It is a solution, but:

We checked this, and in theory this will work but:

• The above mentioned option is not friendly-manageable.
    • We have 800 customers and they all want something else (which is also possible in our company).
    • Why not make this manageable via the UI per tenant?