Release Automation

• 1.  JFrog - Deploy Artifacts - Deploy to SubFolder?

Posted Nov 18, 2016 06:53 AM

Hi,

anyone in here using the JFrog Artifactory Actions?

I'm having trouble or better said a question regarding the deploy action. Is it possible to deploy to subfolders?

E.g. I have a repository called "CARATest" and under that a folder/subrepository "SubTest", which would lead to the repoisotry path "CARATest/SubTest".

In the action I can only enter the "Repository Name" but am not allowed to enter the full repository path to the subfolder.

Is there a way I can handle this with this action or is it simply not supported and I need to do it with curl?

We use version 10.8.1505.1 of the action pack.

thanks,

Michael

• 2.  Re: JFrog - Deploy Artifacts - Deploy to SubFolder?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2016 04:32 PM

Michael have you tried the "Download Repository Artifact" action.  I haven't actually tried it myself but I know that you can specify the full http statement

• 3.  Re: JFrog - Deploy Artifacts - Deploy to SubFolder?

Posted Nov 21, 2016 01:31 AM

Hey Billy,

I'm trying to upload, not download from the repository and only the "deploy artifacts" sounds like it does the job, but sadly not with the full path as it seems

best regards

Michael

• 4.  Re: JFrog - Deploy Artifacts - Deploy to SubFolder?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 21, 2016 04:01 PM

Hi Michael,

See if below Helps, considering its a Maven Build.

Lets say the artifact that is created post build is under target folder located under ${WORKSPACE}\targets.

Use Execute Shell option in Jenkins to do the below command

Download the Artifactory Plugin for Jenkins and do the below configuration to Publish the Artifacts.

This will publish the dist folder which contains SubTest Folder as a SubFolder and the Artifacts will be placed in jFrog Repository like shown below.

Please let me know in case you face problem in any of the step.

Regards,

Sachin

• 5.  Re: JFrog - Deploy Artifacts - Deploy to SubFolder?

Posted Nov 22, 2016 02:13 AM

Hi Sachin,

thanks for the effort, but sadly we don't use maven builds.

But seems like, this can't be done with the current set of jfrog actions, so I'm just going to use a curl call to store it.

thanks,

michael

• 6.  Re: JFrog - Deploy Artifacts - Deploy to SubFolder?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 22, 2016 09:37 AM

Can you tell me what kind of Build tool you are using?

This was just a Generic example with Maven, I can provide the same with the tool you have.

• 7.  Re: JFrog - Deploy Artifacts - Deploy to SubFolder?

Posted Nov 22, 2016 09:43 AM

we're using VSTS, but this is not the point. I wanted to use this action in CA-RA to do it, as I require it during a deployment and not after a build. But as I said before, seems like this action can't do it, so I probably will use a curl call to deploy the artifact with subfolders