DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  UMP not opening after changing the ip address

Posted Nov 18, 2016 09:07 AM

We have changed the ip address of hubs and ump and sql in our environment. Rest seems fine now and queues are also not showing any data pending to attach or get.

However, UMP is not opening with new ip address. Kindly suggest. I have only changed the ip address in robot.cfg with the new ip address. In the url also i tried with new ip address but still issue persist.

Need suggestions for troubleshooting.

Regards,

Imran Khan

• 2.  Re: UMP not opening after changing the ip address
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 18, 2016 09:42 AM

Dear imrankhcl

you would need to check the wasp probe configuration, and the wasp log for more details.  Also, we would need to know the version of UIM you are using for further advice on this. It might be better to discuss this as part of a support case to do in-depth troubleshooting.

Has the primary hub robot also changed his name? Please open the wasp probe in raw configure and confirm that the probe addresses under ump_common are still correct. 

Again, check the wasp log for any error. The wasp.log contains the startup information for the probe itself. And, in the wasp folder there is also the portal.log, which is the log for the portal itself and might contain further information.

Where there any other changes made to the environment other than the IP address change?

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support

• 3.  Re: UMP not opening after changing the ip address

Posted Nov 20, 2016 06:31 PM

Hi Martin,

Thanks for reply. I will raise one case with CA Support. However, i think the port communication between the ump and the host machine is not open right now. In-addition, i will also check the logs you have suggested to come to any conclusion.

Regards,

Imran