Test Data Manager

• 1.  Build Bulk Update Queries

Posted Nov 21, 2016 03:38 PM

Hi,

Just wanted to check whether we have an option of building bulk update queries in CA TDM - Datamaker or Data Subset. Could find "Build Insert Queries Option" in Data Subset.

It would be great if someone could help. We need to generate and execute multiple update queries and looking for options better to Excel macros.

• 2.  Re: Build Bulk Update Queries

Posted Nov 21, 2016 06:40 PM

Hi Shrinivas,

Are you looking to see if TDM can help generate the bulk update queries themselves? Or are you looking for TDM to generate synthetic data and would like to update existing key records using bulk updates?

Would you please provide more details about your requirement, with some examples, if possible?

Thanks,

Sameer

• 3.  Re: Build Bulk Update Queries

Posted Nov 22, 2016 10:48 AM

Hi Sameer,

Yes, I am looking for CA TDM to generate Update Queries from an input driver or some set conditions. Current options we have is edit the required fields or write update queries ourselves. For bulk updates with multiple criteria, we exploring option of writing a macro to generate the updates queries. Is there something within CA TDM which can help for this use case?

Regards

Shrini

• 4.  Re: Build Bulk Update Queries
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 22, 2016 01:03 PM

Hi Shrinivas, 

I believe there is a way to do this with TDM, but it would be best to figure out all your requirements and work with CA Services to get this implemented in your specific environment. 

I suggest reaching out to your account manager. They can find a resource from pre-sales or services to help you with this. 

If you do not know who your CA Account Manager is, please call CA Customer Care using one of these numbers http://www3.ca.com/us/support/customer-assistance.aspx

Best regards,

Taylor