Clarity

• 1.  Prevent "select all" timesheet approval?

Posted Nov 21, 2016 05:16 PM

In my org resource managers are responsible for approving timesheets. We do not use any sort of process/workflow, they just pull up the timesheet list and are supposed to review and approve each timesheet. However, there is a pervasive "assumption" that some (not ALL, right?) managers are just selecting all and approving, without the whole "review" part of the equation. I was wondering if anyone else was in a similar situation, and how you handled it? Is there a good way to prevent managers from doing so?

For now, I tweaked what I found in  https://communities.ca.com/thread/241752145#comment-241876263 and added this to my CSS and so far seems to be working in my initial testing, but wanted to see how others approached this before moving forward. The obvious answer I suppose would be to put timesheet approval behind a workflow, but action items don't go over too well here as being cumbersome, so I'm open to suggestions. Thanks!

button[onclick*='\'timeadmin.postTimesheetStatus\',\'status=3\''] { display: none; }

• 2.  Re: Prevent "select all" timesheet approval?

Posted Dec 04, 2016 03:57 AM

We created a dashboard for managers which has some pre-analysis (timesheet missing, incomplete, too many hours etc) and they can click directly into the timesheet to approve (use this Tuesday Tip - Creating a direct link to the timesheet ).

That way they can see the actions they need to take. (Note this dashboard covers more than just timesheets)

Get in contact if you would like to learn more.

Your CSS approach would work to prevent the mass approval