Test Data Manager

• 1.  How and where to install repository installation kit for CA TDM datamaker.

Posted Nov 22, 2016 09:48 AM

When I am trying to create repository on CA TDM datamaker in final steps it is showing this error -creditionals are correct but there is no CA TDM

• 2.  Re: How and where to install repository installation kit for CA TDM datamaker.
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 22, 2016 12:59 PM

Hi  Abhishek

In order to help you with this issue, we require some more information. I think it would be easiest if we had a WebEx to discuss this. 

Please open a support case by going to https://support.ca.com/irj/portal/newhome or calling CA Customer Care using one of these numbers http://www3.ca.com/us/support/customer-assistance.aspx

We will post the resolution to the issue here once the case is closed. 

Best regards,

Taylor

• 3.  Re: How and where to install repository installation kit for CA TDM datamaker.

Posted Feb 10, 2017 12:57 PM

i have the same issue :/

• 4.  Re: How and where to install repository installation kit for CA TDM datamaker.

Posted Feb 10, 2017 01:46 PM

Hi Luis,

Can you please provide more details about the issue you are facing? Are you installing an Oracle or a MSSQL repository?

What are the steps you are following to do the install?

Did you refer to this page to do the repository installation?

Install the Repository - CA Test Data Manager - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Once you provide more details, I will be able to help you better.

Thanks,

Sameer

• 5.  Re: How and where to install repository installation kit for CA TDM datamaker.

Posted Feb 10, 2017 02:30 PM

hi Sameer,

i'm using 
    -Install the Repository - CA Test Data Manager - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

-MSSQL
    when i'm try to install the repository, i need the the repository installation kit right?? a ".bak" 
    cause if i create a db in mssql and i try to use like a repository this happen  in final steps of CA  DATA MAKER it is showing this error -creditionals are correct but there is no CA TDM

where i find the gtrep.bak??

• 6.  Re: How and where to install repository installation kit for CA TDM datamaker.

Posted Feb 10, 2017 03:46 PM

Hi Luis,

Once you log in to CA Support Online (https://support.ca.com), you should be able to go to "Download Center" -> "Download Products". Search for "CA Test Data Manager" and enter the release number you are interested in (ideally the latest GA as of today, 4.0). Click "Go" and you should be able to see two files available for download. One is the TDM product full package, and the other is the repository installation kit (CA Test Data Manager Repository Kit 3.2.6, for example with TDM 4.0).

After you extract the repository install kit to your local drive, you should find gtrep.bak under the "DB-install-kit-3.2.6\SQL_Server_Install_Kit\Databases\DM_Repository\" folder.

For instructions specific to installing a MSSQL repository, refer to this link: Install the Repository - CA Test Data Manager - 4.0 - CA Technologies Documentation 

Hope this helps.

Thanks,

Sameer

• 7.  Re: How and where to install repository installation kit for CA TDM datamaker.

Posted Feb 13, 2017 11:34 AM

Thanks so much Sameer, It fixed my issue