DX NetOps

• 1.  CA Spectrum Device Tooltip

Posted Nov 24, 2016 08:44 AM

Hi,

at the moment I try to customize the devive tooltip of CA spectrum. In the future it should show Graphs from the Performance Management. How can I integrate this?

The Content of the file is the folowing:

<formar>

<format><![CDATA[

<html><table>

<tr>

<td><b>{0}</b></td>

<td>{1}</td>

</tr>

<tr>

<td><b>{2}</b></td>

<td>{3}</td>

</tr>

</table></html>

]]></format>

<param>

<localize>com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.render.ModelNameColumn</localize>

</param>

<param>

<attribute>AttributeID.MODEL_NAME</attribute>

<renderer>com.aprisma.spectrum.app.util.render.NullRenderer</renderer>

</param>

The param I will changed later to the CAPC_Item_Id Attribute. I tried to customiez the html tag with an iframe or JavaScript, but it doesn´t work. Can somebody help me?

Thanks.

Best regards!

• 2.  Re: CA Spectrum Device Tooltip

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2016 04:44 PM
      |   view attached

I don’t believe this can be done…

• 3.  Re: CA Spectrum Device Tooltip
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2016 03:17 AM

To add on a bit further as to what Jason as said, a tooltip can only be applied to a model.  As a graph is not a model in Spectrum so this cannot be done.

Best regards,

Glenn

• 4.  Re: CA Spectrum Device Tooltip

Posted Nov 29, 2016 04:49 AM

Hi,

thanks for your answer. But your answer doesn´t quiet my question. I won´t use the tooltip for graphs. The tooltip should applied to a model and if somebody make a mouseover, the tooltip should popup. And it should give a view from (eg. gauge or other) Performance Center linked by the model/device.

I hope it´s clearer.

Best regards

• 5.  Re: CA Spectrum Device Tooltip

Posted Dec 28, 2016 07:29 AM

Hi Glenn,

you might be right that a graph is not a model but you still can work on customizing the tooltip for the Device or even the Port Model. As Erich already wrote this one can be customized to load html tags. Knowing this you can attach PNG Graphs into a tooltip. That means you just have to create a webservice which returns png Graphs and load them in your tooltip file.

Any questions? Just let us know

rgds Steve

• 6.  Re: CA Spectrum Device Tooltip

Posted Nov 29, 2016 05:34 AM

Hi, You only could add a valid PNG-Graphic with an Image-Tag. .. No Javascript, no Java etc.

The Tool which provides the Graph must be fast enaugh to provide it, otherwise the Clients will start shaking the tooltip and probably finally the Onelclick-Client will die.

.. all tested.

First try integrate a PNG-Grafic into the Informaiton-View and then do the next step.

Best Regards

Erich