DX Application Performance Management

Expand all | Collapse all

MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

• 1.  MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Posted Nov 25, 2016 07:36 AM

Hi Team,

I write this time, since I am installing the MTP on an appliance that CA delivered to a client, but it turns out that the image DVD07140244E,
    downloaded from the CA page, apparently has an error, since validating the steps that Are indicated at the following link:
    https://docops.ca.com/ca-multi-port-monitor/10-3/en/installing/installing-the-multi-port-monitor/install-the-multi-port -monitor-software /  The setup-MTP is required. Anyone know what can be done in this case?  Try installing MTP 10.0, 10.1, 10.5, 10.6 and I could not, CentOS tells me that I must have a previous MTP version to upgrade.
    After this, I have to upgrade to 10.6, the Appliance is new.
    This urges me, I am on critical project dates

Regards,
    Richard

• 2.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2016 09:57 AM

There are known issues with running CEM on MTP versions. There is a compatibility matrix available which explains the issues involved and the workarounds for them.

• 3.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2016 10:04 AM

Please take a look at this article to see if it helps resolve the issue.

http://www.ca.com/us/support/ca-support-online/product-content/knowledgebase-articles/tec1440118.aspx

• 4.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2016 10:12 AM

I should probably ask if the problem is with installing TIM on the MTP, or are you having specific issues with just the MTP software itself?

If the problem is with the MTP software or hardware, then we can move your question over the Infrastructure Management community where they can help you further.

If it's an APM (TIM) issue, then we'll keep it here and continue to help you through the process.

• 5.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Posted Nov 25, 2016 10:15 AM

Hi Hiko,

The problem is that in the .iso image, the setup-mtp is not found, so I could not install the multiport.

Regards,

Richard

• 6.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2016 10:32 AM

Check out the setup and installation instructions here:

https://docops.ca.com/ca-virtual-multi-port-monitor/10-6/en/installing

• 7.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 25, 2016 10:39 AM

Richard,

Can you tell us whether you're installing on your own hardware for vMTP or did your company purchase a CA6300 rack mount device?

• 8.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 27, 2016 02:55 PM

Hi Richard,

DVD07140244E.iso is actually the CentOS upgrade image for MTP 10.3, so that explains why it is missing the setup-mtp script
    DVD07140527M.iso is the actual MTP software image.

Earlier versions of MTP ran on CentOS 5.x and need to have the OS upgraded to 6.x to be able to upgrade to MTP 10.3

Here is the upgrade section of MTP 10.3 guide.

Upgrade the MTP Appliance - CA Multi-Port Monitor - 10.3 - CA Technologies Documentation 

To assist you with the optimum path required to upgrade to the final MTP 10.6 please let us know what is the current version of MTP the customer is running.

MarlosBarroso my colleague in MTP Support for addditional  SME input.

Thanks

Lynn

• 9.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Posted Nov 28, 2016 12:06 PM

Hi,

Currently the client has the MTP 10.5.

Trying to update through the CentOS console, to version 10.6, 

The procedure that is being followed is the statement in the CA portal.

https://docops.ca.com/ca-virtual-multi-port-monitor/10-6/en/installing/installing-the-software

Thanks,

Richard B.

• 10.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2016 09:52 AM

Per the KB VMTP 10.6 only works with MTP TIM 10.1 and 10.3

http://www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1084614.html

Marking as correct since I see no further comments to Lynn's post. You may post additional questions although this is becoming now more of an MTP issue and should be in the Infrastructure Management area for MTP only questions

• 11.  Re: MTP 10.6 in CentOS 6.6

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 28, 2016 12:33 PM

Richard:

The Link you posted was for upgrading the MTP side. The GUI you show above is for the TIM side. Please post MTP-side questions in the Infrastructure Management Community . See CA Infrastructure Management 

Once the MTP side is upgraded, you may come back here for the TIM-side of the install. Note my previous email on what TIM releases are supported for vMTP 10.6

Thanks

Hal German