Rally Software

• 1.  Unable to connect to TFS using connector

Posted Nov 28, 2016 09:48 AM

I am trying to setup the CAAgileCentral2TfsConnector (v4.7.1-27) to communicate with my our onsite CA Agile Central Instance and a local TFS instance.

I can log into TFS using the account credentials in the config file and I have tested that the URL http://<server>:<port>/tfs/<Collection>/_apis/projects?api-version=1.0 returns valid JSON when logged in as this user.

However in the log file I get:  RallyEIF::WRK::TFSConnection.initialize - No Title information found in the response body whenever I attempt this.

I'm not sure what I need to do to correct this.  Any help would be appreciated.

• 2.  Re: Unable to connect to TFS using connector

Posted Dec 06, 2016 07:02 AM

sarhaynes, It looks like this has been worked on as a Support Case.  If there was anything helpful found there that answers it, would you please add it so others who may experience an issue can find it?

Thank you!

Michael

• 3.  Re: Unable to connect to TFS using connector
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 06, 2016 08:50 AM

It appears this is known defect with the current connector and SP3 of the TFS 2015. 

• 4.  Re: Unable to connect to TFS using connector

Posted Mar 31, 2017 03:57 PM

Where can I download the connector for TFS 2012?  The instructions just says download connectors from the download page but no reference to the name of the file to download, this is so frustrating to say the least.

• 5.  Re: Unable to connect to TFS using connector

Posted Mar 31, 2017 05:28 PM

Hi Ray, TFS 2012 isn't one of the supported versions. I'm not sure if you're looking for the connector for Version Control or the one for Work Items, but they support more recent versions. You can find all the TFS connectors here

• 6.  Re: Unable to connect to TFS using connector

Posted Apr 03, 2017 02:17 PM

Hi John, sorry I was looking for a connector to Version control, I assume this is the one that is installed in the TFS server not on the developer machines.

While googling I stumbled into TFSConnectorforRallyInstall-1.2.5-cib39.zip is this the old connector and will this still work?

BTW we are using Build: almci-master-21447 of CA Agile Central.

• 7.  Re: Unable to connect to TFS using connector

Posted Apr 05, 2017 05:24 PM

bello01 flyhi01 mind chiming in? This is above my pay grade!

• 8.  Re: Unable to connect to TFS using connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 05, 2017 06:03 PM

Hi Ray,

To download the TFS Version Control connector for TFS 2012:

1.  Navigate to the following link: CA Agile Central  

2.  Scroll to the Downloads section

3.  Select the AgileCentralVCSConnectorforMicrosoftTFSforWindows1.4.3.zip file.  

Here is the link for the Installation and Users guide for the connector:  TFS VCS Installation & User Guide | CA Agile Central Help 

Note* This connector has been tested and works with TFS 2012, 2013 and 2015, but it is only supported with TFS 2013 and TFS 2015.

Please let me know if you have any issues or further questions!

Kind Regards,

Lori

• 9.  Re: Unable to connect to TFS using connector

Posted Apr 06, 2017 07:29 AM

Hi Lori,

Thank you, I successfully installed the executable you mentioned above.  In regards to your note so this connector was tested in TFS 2012 but it is not supported if something goes wrong, I assume that is what you meant?  Anyway, I'm planning to upgrade our TFS server to TFS 2017 later this year do you have a connector for it? 

Sorry more questions (the instructions are somewhat confusing to me:

1)  I read the installation guide just want to be sure I'm reading this correctly all configuration is manual, meaning for it to work I will need to create a yaml file for every single repository we have? 

2) It looks like I will also need to create a user_map.txt file that will list all users?

3) CA Agile Central Setup, so aside from doing 1 and 2 manually this CA Agile Central Setup what does this do?  From what it seems like every configuration is manual.

No big deal if it is manual just want to be sure I need to perform the manual steps before #3 is performed above.  I was hoping that it can be configured directly in the CA Agile Central setup an no manual settings are needed like in ALM. 

Thank you in advance.

Regards,

Ray

• 10.  Re: Unable to connect to TFS using connector

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Apr 06, 2017 11:01 AM

Hi Ray,

I will be opening a case for this so we can discuss in more detail.  Please watch for an email from me shortly.

Kind Regards,

Lori