Layer7 API Management

• 1.  RESTMAN API error

Posted Nov 29, 2016 05:59 AM

Hello All,

I am trying to create a RestMan API service with URL: /restman/* and trying to hit the URL: https://gateway.mycompany.com:7443/restman/1.0/doc/home.html

but couldn't able to get the response. So can someone please let me know whether I am doing some mistake or port 7443 is wrong and have to use 8443/9443 only? Also if 7443 is good to go then whether i need to add any certs in my browser (just a thought) .

Thanks in advance.

Regards

Praty

• 2.  Re: RESTMAN API error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2016 10:23 AM

Hi

Port 7443 is typically only created for policy manager access only, if you set it up using our best practices for configurations.

It usually is available on port 8443 because it does require ssl client authentication.

Derek

Sent from my iPhone

• 3.  Re: RESTMAN API error

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2016 11:19 AM

Good morning,

Any SSL port will work as you can use either use HTTP basic or Client Certificate. If you use client certificate, then you will need to ensure that the port has optional enabled for the Client authentication. Most instances we see this has to do with the user that you are attempting to connect with does not have sufficient privileges or the port is not accessible in the segment of the network you are attempting to connect to.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support