Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Portal Setup Script for Software Gateway (Solaris)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 29, 2016 07:53 AM

I am installing the software version of the gateway and portal. The gateway (9.1) is installed on Solaris 10 and the portal (3.5) is to be installed on RHEL. When trying to integrate the gateway with portal, I executed the setup-ssg-3.5.sh script after modifying shebang to point to bash shell in solaris. Now, I noticed that all the commands, file path etc. are meant to be run on an appliance gateway with Linux and hence at the end of the script no assertions were installed and the setup process was a failure (Although the script exited with an usual setup complete message). I am pasting the output here for reference. Is there any script that is written specific to a software gateway (Solaris) that I can use or have someone come across a similar issue and found a solution? Any help is much appreciated.

Output:

API Developer Portal 3.5 Gateway Installation
    ===================================

Checking version...
    done
    Found version 9.1.x

Pre-install checks are complete.

Do you want to proceed with the install [y/n]? y

Starting installation...

Stopping gateway...
    ./setup-ssg-3.5.sh: line 258: service: command not found

Creating backup & copying new files...
    chmod: WARNING: can't access /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/runtime/modules/assertions//ApiPortalIntegrationAssertion-9.1.00.aar
    chown: /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/runtime/modules/assertions//ApiPortalIntegrationAssertion-9.1.00.aar: No such file or directory
    chmod: WARNING: can't access /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/runtime/modules/assertions//ApiPortalDataLensAssertion-9.1.00.aar
    chown: /opt/SecureSpan/Gateway/runtime/modules/assertions//ApiPortalDataLensAssertion-9.1.00.aar: No such file or directory
    mv: cannot access ApiPortal-9.1.zip

Starting gateway...
    ./setup-ssg-3.5.sh: line 375: service: command not found

Setup complete.

Please see Setup Guide for configuring Portal Metrics

• 2.  Re: Portal Setup Script for Software Gateway (Solaris)
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 05, 2016 07:40 PM

Hi panka03,

Unfortunately at this time, the integration components for a CA API Developer Portal and a CA API Gateway (running on Solaris) hasn't been built yet. Currently, integration components exist between a CA API Developer Portal and a CA API Gateway running on RHEL only.

I will try to see if any of my CA Services colleagues might have a custom script to run it using a CA API Gateway running on Solaris. If they do, I'll make sure to provide it to you through this post.

I'm not sure when I'll have something for you, but hopefully soon. :-)

Sincerely,

Dustin Dauncey
    Sr Support Engineer, Global Customer Success
    Email: Dustin.Dauncey@ca.com
    Phone: +1 800 225 5224 ,48385
    Phone if outside North America - https://tinyurl.com/CAContactSupport
    CA API Management Community: https://tinyurl.com/CAAPIMCommunity

• 3.  Re: Portal Setup Script for Software Gateway (Solaris)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2016 05:48 PM

Karthik,

At this point, we don't have any custom scripts that will allow for the integration between API Portal and a Solaris Gateway. Please log an idea to have this integration built out.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support

• 4.  Re: Portal Setup Script for Software Gateway (Solaris)

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 25, 2016 02:28 AM

Hi Stephen,

I have submitted an idea for this and Up-voted as well.

API Portal Integration with Solaris Gateway 

Thanks,

Karthik