Rob-BBT

Thoughts on New User Experience in 15.1

Discussion created by Rob-BBT on Nov 29, 2016
Latest reply on Mar 24, 2017 by Dale_Stockman

We are in the process of evaluating upgrading from 14.3 to 15.1.  We have 15.1 in our test environment right now and are looking at whether it's worth turning on the new user experience.  

I realize that the new UX is just the first step in an eventual overhaul of the entire UI but from my testing it really feels like an unfinished product that I think will cause more confusion and frustration among users that we would turn it on for.  Namely the lack of access to reports and portlets and very limited filtering seem make me feel like people will just end up switching back to Classic PPM and never using the new UX.    I realize the new UX may be intended for basic users who just do time entry or light project management, but to me having to support both UXs I think would be a lot of unnecessary overhead to the point where when we do move to 15.1 we may just not turn it on at all and wait until it's more fully baked.  Seems like CA just kind of rushed this out to quickly.

Curious to how others are approaching it and if you've upgraded to 15.1 whether you've rolled it out or not.

Outcomes