Clarity

• 1.  Updating Time Varying Data Through DB or Java Class

Posted Nov 29, 2016 08:22 AM

Hello, 

I want to update Role Demand information of a portfolio investment. However XOG is not available for those objects so I'm looking for a solution.

Did you ever updated any blob field directly from database or using custom java jobs? 

Best Regards

Çağıl

• 2.  Re: Updating Time Varying Data Through DB or Java Class

Posted Nov 29, 2016 08:58 AM

Hi Çağıl,

Portfolio investment role demand is from the investment. Make the update to the investment (via XOG if needed) then re-sync the portfolio.

I.e. for a project, use the example prj_projects_alloc_act_etc_write

• 3.  Re: Updating Time Varying Data Through DB or Java Class

Posted Nov 29, 2016 10:41 AM

Hello, 

Actual use case is as follows. We want to align role demands in portfolio and we want to see that what would happen if we increase duration of the project in monthly utilization perspective. 

I.e. you have a 4 weeks project with 40 hours role demand (10 hours/week). We want to see the result if we change project duration to 8 weeks with the same role demand (It means 5 hours/week) 

I'm looking for a solution .

Best regards 

• 4.  Re: Updating Time Varying Data Through DB or Java Class

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:08 AM

So in a portfolio plan you want to give the user the ability to condense or lengthen the effort on the investment.

Like:

Short10101010
    Longer55555555

From my understanding, the portfolio waterlines do not allow the investment to be stretched out or condensed (just moved) so regardless of a technical solution to generating the curve the end user couldn't actually stretch out without extra customisation of the product.

I'd raise this enhancement as an idea for the next gen portfolio, as it's something i'd love to be able to do (and other products which integrate into Clarity can do all ready)

• 5.  Re: Updating Time Varying Data Through DB or Java Class

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:40 AM

Hello Adrew, 

Thank you for your answer. Actually It is possible manually from Portfolio Investments. I mean when select  a plan than go to a portfolio investment detail. You can modify Role Demand curve via UI. But I want to do this automated, if possible. But could not find a way to do this ofc. 

Best Regards 

• 6.  Re: Updating Time Varying Data Through DB or Java Class

Posted Nov 30, 2016 04:50 AM

Yes i know you can change it manually, but my point is first the user needs the ability to change the schedule and then see this update visually . Unless you can come up with a simple way to solve that, it won't make it any easier for the user. They might as well go to the role demand and change it.

Meisterplan offers this capability whilst showing visually the impact to your resource pools

Multi-Project Resource Management with Meisterplan 

• 7.  Re: Updating Time Varying Data Through DB or Java Class

Posted Dec 13, 2016 05:40 PM

if XOG doesn't allow it would be best not to try other method, so as not to void your support agreement.

Regarding XOG, someone summarized it for me once: if you can't do something through the UI, XOG shouldn't allow you to do it either; if you can do something through the UI, XOG may or may not allow you to do it.

I agree with Andrew that you should post an idea.