Symantec Access Management

• 1.  Etrust and Netegrity .dxc file question.

Posted Nov 29, 2016 09:12 AM

I am new to CA products and I have a question about the etrust.dxc and netegrity.dxc and whether they change between versions of CA SSO? For instance if I am upgrading my CA SSO 12.52 SP2 environment to 12.6 which uses a 12.0.18 CA Dir server, do I need to make new DSA's with the etrust and netegrity .dxc files or do I just need to follow the upgrade instructions under the 12.6 documentation? 

• 2.  Re: Etrust and Netegrity .dxc file question.
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 29, 2016 10:20 AM

Normally they do not change. But it would be good to compare those files (just to be sure) and replace with the new files if there is a change. You don't need to create new DSA.

You will however need to also upgrade policy store.

https://communities.ca.com/community/ca-security/blog/2016/07/17/tech-tip-ca-single-sign-on-policy-servercr-apply-process

Apply Policy Store Fix

You can refer to r12.x policy store upgrade procedure for this :

How to Upgrade an r12.x Policy Store - CA Single Sign-On - 12.52 SP1 - CA Technologies Documentation

You would basically have to run following command :

Step 1 : Open a command window and navigate to siteminder_home\xps\dd and run following command :

XPSDDInstall SmMaster.xdd

Step 2 : Open a command window and navigate to siteminder_home\db and run following command :

XPSImport smpolicy.xml -npass , or

XPSImport smpolicy-secure.xml -npass

Step 3 : Run XPSSweeper

Step 4 : Restart Policy serverd

• 3.  Re: Etrust and Netegrity .dxc file question.

Posted Nov 29, 2016 10:26 AM

Thank you for getting back to me. It has clarified this part of the upgrade process for me.