Rally Software

Expand all | Collapse all

I created a Custom List.  When I print it, it asks if I want "Summary List of Items with Children".  Is there a way to get this detail when I export to CSV?  It would be so helpful to get the detail and not just the "Summary List of Items'.

• 1.  I created a Custom List.  When I print it, it asks if I want "Summary List of Items with Children".  Is there a way to get this detail when I export to CSV?  It would be so helpful to get the detail and not just the "Summary List of Items'.

Posted Nov 29, 2016 05:50 PM

I created a Custom List.  When I print it, it asks if I want "Summary List of Items with Children".  Is there a way to get this detail when I export to CSV?  It would be so helpful to get the detail and not just the "Summary List of Items'.

• 2.  Re: I created a Custom List.  When I print it, it asks if I want "Summary List of Items with Children".  Is there a way to get this detail when I export to CSV?  It would be so helpful to get the detail and not just the "Summary List of Items'.

Posted Nov 30, 2016 08:24 AM

Unfortunately you can't do this with any currently available app but there's an enhancement request currently under review at https://ideas.rallydev.com/ideas/D3445 if you'd like to add your vote (I did). I'm sure that's not the answer that you were looking for but hope it helps.

• 3.  Re: I created a Custom List.  When I print it, it asks if I want "Summary List of Items with Children".  Is there a way to get this detail when I export to CSV?  It would be so helpful to get the detail and not just the "Summary List of Items'.

Posted Nov 30, 2016 09:37 AM

Thanks Eric.  Knowing that something is in the works is helpful.

• 4.  Re: I created a Custom List.  When I print it, it asks if I want "Summary List of Items with Children".  Is there a way to get this detail when I export to CSV?  It would be so helpful to get the detail and not just the "Summary List of Items'.

Posted Nov 30, 2016 10:36 AM

We need this export as well.  Our workaround is to select "Summary List of Items with Children" and Print.  When the pdf comes up, select/copy all and paste into Excel rather than continuing with the Print.  With a small bit of clean up, we get the export needed.

• 5.  Re: I created a Custom List.  When I print it, it asks if I want "Summary List of Items with Children".  Is there a way to get this detail when I export to CSV?  It would be so helpful to get the detail and not just the "Summary List of Items'.

Posted Nov 30, 2016 10:47 AM

I don't get a pdf.  I tried selecting prior to posting my question, hoping I could select/copy.  The print window I get won't let me select.  Interesting that you get a pdf and I don't.  I'll see if I can do something different to get the pdf.  If you, or anyone, has any suggestions on how I would trigger a pdf, I'd appreciate the info.

Thanks!

• 6.  Re: I created a Custom List.  When I print it, it asks if I want "Summary List of Items with Children".  Is there a way to get this detail when I export to CSV?  It would be so helpful to get the detail and not just the "Summary List of Items'.
    Best Answer

Posted Nov 30, 2016 10:52 AM

Went back and checked my memory.  Sorry, not a PDF.  It's just a Chrome window - Ctrl-A and copy from there.  Sometimes it takes a few min if there is a lot of data.

• 7.  Re: I created a Custom List.  When I print it, it asks if I want "Summary List of Items with Children".  Is there a way to get this detail when I export to CSV?  It would be so helpful to get the detail and not just the "Summary List of Items'.

Posted Nov 30, 2016 11:12 AM

My Hero!  It worked.  Thanks so much!