DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  How to setup email notification and not alerting for couple of event ID's?

Posted Nov 30, 2016 03:43 AM

Hi Guys,

Tool : (UIM8.4)

I have already setup event id monitoring, however i want to setup email notification for couple of event id's and don't want those alerts to propogate to the SOI Connector. How we can achieve this in Nimsoft?

Thanks & Regards,

Imran K 

• 2.  Re: How to setup email notification and not alerting for couple of event ID's?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 10:03 AM

to send emails from EMS and alarm routing in UIM you will need to follow the below

Rule Use Cases - CA Unified Infrastructure Management Probes - CA Technologies Documentation 

Sorry I can not comment on how to exclude these from the SOI connector.

Maybe some one from that team could chime in.

• 3.  Re: How to setup email notification and not alerting for couple of event ID's?

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2016 10:12 AM

Hi Imran,

I am assuming you are using this connector:

CA Unified Infrastructure Management (UIM) Connector 3.7.0 - CA Service Operations Insight Connectors - CA Technologies … 

From the documentation, I do not see how you could exclude specific alarms from UIM side, as the connector is attaching to a queue on the hub that subscribes to alarm messages on the message bus. 

As Gene mentioned, this is better discussed with the SOI team to see if this can be done in the SOI side (see the part on the alert configuration for the connector: Configure CA UIM Connector - CA Service Operations Insight Connectors - CA Technologies Documentation )

Kind Regards,

Martin Fink

CA Tech Support