DX Unified Infrastructure Management

• 1.  vmware probe: Override thresholds set in template

Posted Nov 29, 2016 07:37 PM

Is there a way to override the thresholds set in vmware probe at the template for individual nodes ?

As an example we have VMFS datastores of different capacities being monitored for "% Capacity free". In the template we have set a standard threshold of less than 5% which is applied to all VMFS as a standard .

However there are certain VMFS which needs different threshold levels set for monitoring like less than 3% or 4% as this would be appropriate based on the size of the VMFS. Is there a way we can overwrite the threshold levels of specific monitors at the nodes to set a different threshold ?

any thoughts please?

• 2.  Re: vmware probe: Override thresholds set in template

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Nov 30, 2016 03:38 AM

You need to exclude specific targets off from being affected by templates.

It is not possible to override monitors manually as long as monitors are built off template.

Monitors which are built off template is "locked" mode.

That's the way how template works.

• 3.  Re: vmware probe: Override thresholds set in template

Posted Nov 30, 2016 05:20 PM

Thats the pain part for me ... I have dozens of VMFS monitored by vmware probe but I need to override the threshold of around 5 to 6 VMFS . If I remove them from template I would end up manually configuring the thresholds for all of them and I have few other monitors which needs a similar update .

It would take good amount of time doing the manual configuration for all of the nodes and monitors 

It would be good to have an option to override the thresholds if needed at the node level

• 4.  Re: vmware probe: Override thresholds set in template