Clarity

• 1.  Audit/Logs for XOG activites

Posted Nov 30, 2016 06:56 PM

Is there a way to audit XOG activities? Or Is there a LOG category that shows XOG activities?

XOGs are executed primarily via. Offline XOG Utility. During XOG, basically, It connects to Application Server via SOAP and create/update Clarity deliverable.

Our requirement is that, How do we audit it? How to find out if someone executed XOG out-side change window or executed incorrect XOG file? etc.

I tried using CSA log category 'com.niku.xog' but it did not create any logs. Not sure I missed anything there.

Let me know if you any one has any ideas?

• 2.  Re: Audit/Logs for XOG activites

Posted Dec 01, 2016 10:49 AM

I think you want the "access.ca.xog" logger and you will need to enable info logging which should give you login and logout (along with other information) regarding who is using XOG.

V/r,

Gene

• 3.  Re: Audit/Logs for XOG activites

Posted Dec 01, 2016 11:09 AM

But if its "data" that you are concerned about being updated via XOG then the normal application audit functionality will track that.

e.g. if you have audit enabled on project name field, when someone updates the project name via XOG then that will appear in the project's audit information the same as if the user updated it in the application (CMN_AUDITS table and so on)

• 4.  Re: Audit/Logs for XOG activites

Posted Dec 01, 2016 11:37 AM

I probably shouldn't advertise third party products, but if you are using itroi's xog query bridge or the integration bridge then you can have it store the xog requests. Not only who/when but the actual xml and the response