Layer7 API Management

• 1.  Websocket support for JSR-356

Posted Nov 30, 2016 10:21 PM
      |   view attached

Hi,

I'm having issues creating a simple websocket  connection with a simple web socket application (doing echo). The code for my server is attached (Just a simple echo service).

When connecting directly from the client to the server, it works fine (able to echo). However, when connecting through the API GW, it fails to reply, does not invoke the outbound connection and prematurely closes the connection.

Has anyone been able to implement the websocket connection with Java 7 websocket implementation?

Thanks in advance

Attachment(s)

zip
    Server.java.zip   603 B 1 version

• 2.  Re: Websocket support for JSR-356
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2016 05:36 PM

Hi sharkkae,

Did you use the default websocket come with MAG?

In another case, I saw it's not compatible with a jetty websocket server(same symptom as your test), but after I replaced it with the tactical websocket assertion, it's working perfectly.

I believe the tactical websocket assertion is much up-to-date, and worth a try. 

Please open a support ticket to ask for the tactical websocket assertion.

Regards,

Mark

• 3.  Re: Websocket support for JSR-356

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 01, 2016 05:44 PM

Also, I was wondering if the websocket connection is configured properly, the default websocket connection is working fine with public echo server:  ws://echo.websocket.org:80/

If your websocket connection on gateway is not working for the public ws echo server too, then it maybe only a configuration problem.

• 4.  Re: Websocket support for JSR-356

Posted Dec 01, 2016 08:13 PM

Hi Mark,

I was able to get it to work with the public echo websocket but not with my Java implementation of it. For Jetty websocket, I understand there are few ways of implementing it, mat I know which way is supported ?

The working public service had me thinking on what exactly the current assertion required and if implementing a more primitive implementation of web socket might work.

Will definitely raise a ticket to the tactical websocket assertion. Hope to get the reason for its inability to work with JSR 356

• 5.  Re: Websocket support for JSR-356

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 22, 2016 06:32 PM

Shawn,

Please note that version 9.2 of the CA API Gateway, that was released today, has all the tactical improvements included in it.

Sincerely,

Stephen Hughes

Director, CA Support