Release Automation

• 1.  jre version mismatch

Posted Dec 01, 2016 07:25 AM

i am trying to run the custom action 'Hello Action' which comes with SDK. I am getting following error

"Action cannot be loaded - not supported on legacy OS agents (running JRE 1.6). Try to use equivalent action that ends with '(for legacy OS)' or pass manually."

I have checked the java version on my desktop and on NAC are same ie 1.7

when i check the log file, i see this message

"action class [com.nolio.actions.HelloAction] was probably c
    ompiled for JRE 1.7.
    java.lang.UnsupportedClassVersionError: com/nolio/actions/HelloAction : Unsupported major.minor version 52.0"

Any suggestions on how do i resolve this? any other configurations i should check?

Thanks in advance.

Best regards,

Amit Joshi.

• 2.  Re: jre version mismatch

Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:21 PM

Hi Amit,

I have encountered this before, just a couple of questions:

1. What is the OS the agent is running?

2. Is there a JRE 6 version installed anywhere on the agents system that is  being utilized, eg; may have the java binary in the PATH?

Jeremy

• 3.  Re: jre version mismatch

Posted Dec 01, 2016 12:53 PM

Amit,

I wrote a KB article in regards to this issue somewhat that I neglected to mention. If you want to review it, it's located here:

www.ca.com/us/services-support/ca-support/ca-support-online/knowledge-base-articles.TEC1842387.html?intcmp=searchresultclick&resultnum=2

TEC1842387

This reviews how to change the JRE version the agent is using, and touches a bit on how it works, let me know if this helps, thanks!

Jeremy

• 4.  Re: jre version mismatch

Posted Dec 02, 2016 07:12 AM

Thanks Jeremy for your reply.

The /opt/LisaExecutionServer/NolioAgent/jre/bin/NolioAgent is not a softlink pointing to jre6. same is the case with /opt/LisaExecutionServer/NolioAgent/jre/lib/ext.

the java in /opt/LisaExecutionServer/NolioAgent/jre/bin is actually pointing to the '/usr/lib/jvm/jre-1.7.0-openjdk.x86_64/bin/java'

I am still getting the same error.

The Nolio agent is installed on Linux machine with version 'Red Hat Enterprise Linux Server release 6.6 (Santiago)'

I have also checked whether jre6 is being referred anywhere in the $PATH but it is not.

On the other hand, my laptop from where i am exporting the .jar action pack has jre6 installed on it however my eclipse is using jre7. 

Best regards,

Amit Joshi

• 5.  Re: jre version mismatch
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 05, 2016 03:42 AM

I could resolve the error. What i did is, removed all other java versions on my desktop and then also removed their references from eclipse. Once it was done, i recompiled the project and created new .jar file. The new .jar file is then imported on NAC and now my action runs successfully.

Thanks Jeremy for sharing the knowledge article as it was always good to be sure that everything was looking food on NAC and NES.

Best regards,

Amit Joshi