Service Virtualization

• 1.  How to automate sudo su command using DevTest?

Posted Dec 02, 2016 01:32 AM

Hi All,

I have a requirement to automate ksh script which is located in remote linux server. The shell script is used to call PL/SQL script. I have done automation of PL/SQL scripts but for this requirement i can't run PL/SQL directly since it requires root privilege. Manual testing team uses putty to run ksh file and also they need to use sudo su to run it with root privileges. I tried putty and plink command line utilities and i was able to automate it to some extent but i got stuck in automating sudo su command as it prompts for a password. Has anyone of you automated sudo su command using devtest? Could you please help me if there is any other approach?

Please refer my last comment in the following post to understand the issue in detail.

Can we connect to putty from lisa 

Thanks,

Siva

• 2.  Re: How to automate sudo su command using DevTest?
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 02, 2016 12:37 PM

Hi Siva,

There is an extension to perform SFTP/FTP/SSH actions available.  This would allow you to execute a script on a remote Linux box. Please see this post: Can we do FTP recording in LISA ? How to create virtual services using FTP ? Is there any protocol like FTP. 

Thanks,

Josh