Clarity

• 1.  Install Jaspersoft - SQL SERVER - ERROR

Posted Dec 02, 2016 03:44 PM

We follow the steps to create the jaspersoft database with the alter, grant and the exec sp_defaultdb such as suggested in the corresponding paper TEC1990668. (Our installation files: DVD07084317E, DVD08092516E) 

But, when we run the install.bat file, it display this:

BUILD FAILED: E:\JS6Staging\install.xml:272: The following error occurred while executing this line: E\JS6Staging\install.xml:566:ERROR: There is already data associated with the Database. Ensure that you have clean  Database without any data.

Could you help us with this?

• 2.  Re: Install Jaspersoft - SQL SERVER - ERROR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 02, 2016 04:48 PM
      |   view attached

Hi Ricardo

This message indicates that the database you specify as the Jaspersoft database is already having tables. Please check the following:

1. Ensure the ppm_jaspersoft database does not have any tables/views created
    2. Ensure you enter the correct database details during the install

If you still struggle to install the Jaspersoft, please drop your database and try the attached SQL script instead. This is the one I personally use to create my SQL Jaspersoft databases. Run the statements one by one and once done, retry the installation.

Hope this helps -Nika

Attachment(s)

• 3.  Re: Install Jaspersoft - SQL SERVER - ERROR

Posted Dec 05, 2016 08:20 AM

Nika Thank you very much for your answer...

I not find the attached sql script. Could you help me with this?

• 4.  Re: Install Jaspersoft - SQL SERVER - ERROR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 05, 2016 10:21 AM

Hi Ricardo,

Do you not see the zip file attached to my previous comment? If not, please send me your email in private message and I'll send it to you.

Thanks -Nika

• 5.  Re: Install Jaspersoft - SQL SERVER - ERROR

Posted Dec 14, 2016 09:18 AM

RN_FERNANDEZ HOTMAIL COM

• 6.  Re: Install Jaspersoft - SQL SERVER - ERROR

Posted Dec 26, 2016 03:32 PM

Hi Nika merry chistmas!!!

Now I trying to upgrading ppm 14.3 to 15.1 but only I have created the database ppm_jaspersoft, without to install Jaspersoft... and the checkinstall display this error:
    1. The required resource ppmjasperadmin must be recreated to prevent an upgrade error.
    2. ppmjasperadmin user does not have the sufficient administrator global access rights for the upgrade to be performed. Please login to the CA PPM and grant the requiered global access rights to the ppmjasperadmin user, before proceeding upgrade.
    The ppmjasperadmin user should be assigned following minimum global access rights to perform CA PPM upgrade.

Advance Reporting: Ad Hoc Create, Adminsiter, Dashboard Create, Data Source Create, Domain Create, Navigate, Report Create.

can I to do the upgrade without to install Jaspersoft and them, when I have the upgrade 15.1 ready, to do the install of Jasper?

• 7.  Re: Install Jaspersoft - SQL SERVER - ERROR

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2016 12:39 AM

Hi Richardo,

You can very well bypass this error and go ahead with the upgrade, this error doesn't mean that Jaspersoft to be installed, rather there is a user called "ppmjasperadmin" which gets created when Jaspersoft content is installed and it needs to have all the advance reporting rights in order to have the integration working.

So when you move to 15.1 you need to import the jaspersoft content after installing Jaspersoft and you should be all good. 

Regards
    Suman Pramanik 

• 8.  Re: Install Jaspersoft - SQL SERVER - ERROR
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 27, 2016 04:57 PM

Hi Ricardo

Merry Christmas to you too.

From what I understand you actually had Jaspersoft previously but now want to start a new environment with a new Jaspersoft installation.

If you are getting an actual ERROR during the checkinstall it will not be easy to skip the issue. This is why I looked for the root cause for it.

I checked the checkinstall files and this error will display if you had Jaspersoft configured, this is why it's checking the user and rights. It determined that there was Jaspersoft installed on this environment.

If you run this query:

select * from cmn_install_history where install_id = 'contentPack::csk::jaspersoft'

Do you have results?

If yes, please do the following:

1. delete those records from the database with query

delete from cmn_install_history where install_id = 'contentPack::csk::jaspersoft'

2. try the install again

This should work and the scripts will run as for an install without Jaspersoft configuration.

I hope this helps -Nika

• 9.  Re: Install Jaspersoft - SQL SERVER - ERROR

Posted Dec 28, 2016 08:47 AM

yes perfect!!!, now you are my favorit person...