DX NetOps

• 1.  pulling number of critical alarms without report manager

Posted Dec 04, 2016 01:39 AM

Dear We are running spectrum 10.1.2 on Solaris -- spectrum core seperate server and One click seperate server.

However ive not installed report manager . Please let me know without report manager how to get only critical alarms ( basically looking for the number of critical alarms triggered for the past 3 months)

I tired to go tru Events.. but its too much for that period im worried it may crash the system..

or is there a way to filter events only with Severity field critical ..for the past 3 months..

or is there a way i can directly pull from the database.. with any sql queries

• 2.  Re: pulling number of critical alarms without report manager

Posted Dec 06, 2016 05:16 AM

Without having Report Manger installed, by default, you can see a history of events in OneClick up to 45 days. What events expand that period are dropped from the database. all events, not just alarms.

Events are stored in DDMDB. You can save the database and move it to another system to extract information from it, in order to avoid overloading of the production system when querying for big amounts of data. 

• 3.  Re: pulling number of critical alarms without report manager
    Best Answer

Broadcom Employee
    Posted Dec 07, 2016 09:21 PM

Hi Thiru,

Since you don't have SRM, the only way I can see to do what you want would be to use the Command line (CLI). For example;

1. Go to the bash shell on your SpectroSERVER and cd to $SPECROOT/vnmsh
    2. Connect to the VNM shell by running; ./connect
    3. Then run; ./show alarms -a | grep CRITICAL

The above will list out all the alarms in your system (both current and cleared) for the last 45 days. To see all the arguments for the command, just run ./show.

• 4.  Re: pulling number of critical alarms without report manager

Posted Feb 28, 2017 11:33 PM

Thanks Mohammed. Its working fine . Appreciate your quick response. Apologise for my late response :-)