CA Service Management

• 1.  Upgrade CA ITAM from 12.6

Posted Dec 05, 2016 01:07 AM

Hi Team,

We need to upgrade the CA ITAM 12.6 to 14.1 version. I have searched on the docops and find the following details:

Understand the CA Asset Portfolio Management Architecture - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation 

https://docops.ca.com/ca-service-management/14-1/en/implementing/implementing-ca-service-management-14-1/step-4-install-or-upgrade/implementing-ca-it-asset-manager/migrate-ca-apm-release-11-3-4-to-the-current-release

In the link there is migration tool kit i wanted to know is it for only 11.3 version or for 12.6 also we have to run it?

Is there any information about the steps to upgrade like back up and upgrade. Kindly help me to know the information regarding the upgrade.

Regards,

Vinay Chaudhary

• 2.  Re: Upgrade CA ITAM from 12.6
    Best Answer

Posted Dec 05, 2016 11:17 AM

Hi Vinay,

The migration utility is only used when you are upgrading/migrating data from UAPM 11.3.4.  
    If you are upgrading APM 12.6 to APM 14.1, the migration utility is not used. 

We recommend performing the APM install in a test environment first.  Backup your mdb database and copy the APM 14.1 install media to your application server (& web server if they are different servers).  

Verify the hardware and software requirements for the APM 14.1 install (for both web and application servers, if there are separate servers) in the APM 14.1 documentation, located here: 

Step 1: Verify the Installation Prerequisites and Checklist - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentati…  

Stop all the CA APM 12.6 services, including the Apache Tomcat AMS service. 

Start the APM 14.1 installer on the application server.  It will detect your existing installation and upgrade it. 

Repeat the APM 14.1 installation on the web server.  It will detect your existing installation here also and upgrade it. 

Best Regards,

Gale Bacon

CA Technologies

• 3.  Re: Upgrade CA ITAM from 12.6

Posted Dec 06, 2016 01:31 AM

Thanks Gale Bacon for your help.