CA Service Management

• 1.  task is pending but request closed

Posted Dec 05, 2016 05:03 AM

HI,

we are using CASD14.1 with c2 patch. we have workflow task for request module.

when analyst works on request ticket which have workflow task, Analyst is able change the request ticket status to solved even though the workflow for that request is still active?

can any one help how to prevent analyst not to keep request status to resolved when workflow task for request are still active I mean pending?

OR

do we have any option in option manager to display a message to analyst when uncompleted workflow task are there in request ticket they should make it complete before they make the request status to Solved.

(FYI. sovled status for request we have Make Active? 'Yes' and Make Resolved Option 'Yes)

• 2.  Re: task is pending but request closed

Posted Dec 05, 2016 05:54 AM

Hi,

you can prevent status change using condition which can defined on status transition form.

condition could be:

send_wait(0, top_object(), "call_attr", "cr_wf", "sync_fetch", "STATIC", format("cr = '%s' AND status = 'PEND'", persistent_id),  -1, 0);
    if (msg[1] == 0) {
         set_return_data(TRUE);
    else
         set_return_data(FALSE);

Please notice: I haven't test env with Request Tasks, so I'm not sure how related attribute for request ticket named.

Hope this helps.