CA Service Management

• 1.  Diferent sender email

Posted Dec 05, 2016 08:55 AM

It's possible configure multiple mail from address actualy i ussed servicedesk@mydomain.com internal notification but i need used diferent for external notification, let me know how to?

• 2.  Re: Diferent sender email

Posted Dec 05, 2016 10:30 AM

Hi Jonathan,

Currently the product only allows for one "from" address unfortunately.  This would be something that would be an enhancement and can be posted here in the community as an "idea" which folks can vote for, and then product management can review it for possible inclusion in the future versions of the product.

Thanks,

Jon I.

• 3.  Re: Diferent sender email

Posted Dec 05, 2016 10:48 AM

Hi,

as I understood your requirements, you can try to create new Notification Method (ex: EMail external) and specifcy outgoing email address for this method using pdm_mail daemon params (all them are described here: pdm_mail Utility--Send Email Information - CA Service Management - 14.1 - CA Technologies Documentation )

config could be:

pdm_mail -F servicedesk@externaldomain.com

Replacing notification methods for all external users by this one should do the trick.

Regards,

cdtj

• 4.  Re: Diferent sender email

Posted Jan 20, 2017 08:10 AM

Very good!
    Now I can use different senders for notifications ...
    I have several mailboxes (multi tenant) to work with mail_eater (to create requests / incidents) ... now setting the same email address for the mailboxes and their notification sender, I can organize the entire process .
    Thank you!